[WIP] Template - ICE CUBE

AbidalASarrajAbidalASarraj Website User Posts: 63
edited November 2013 in Practical Filmmaking
Hello everyone & Hello Winter,
I've two days off till my next project So, I wanted to make a "Logo Opener" Template just for you guys I called it "ICE CUBE" (not an original name I know but, maybe I'll come with a better one when I finish) using Shatter Glass Effect, Particle Simulator and more..
How many of you guys think I should continue?
Here is a screen capture and a frame a little bit before the big finish !
10878502044_51a1527feb_h.jpg
10878390616_b614599f45_h.jpg

NOTE: Working with Shatter Effects is a little bit of a challenge I'm not sure WHY I tried my best but I'll come with a work around the issue also, not sure if it's a mac problem or just a bug some of the effect settings dose not work or I don't know how to deal with them, Any advice they will be helpful.

Regards

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,245 Ambassador
    What are the settings you're having problems with?
    Yes, you should continue.
  • AbidalASarrajAbidalASarraj Website User Posts: 63
    What are the settings you're having problems with?
    Yes, you should continue.

For stater the Appearance options [Front, Side & Back] dose not work correctly there is some weird noise and lines
    thanks in advance :)

This is the problem I've mentioned before, The back face of the shatter effect all noisy and stuff.
    Is this a bug or what?
    I did try to find a way around it but, I'm not giving up I'll :)
    video test:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXeiyK2-cI
    image capture:
    10916948895_b3218e7a2d_h.jpg
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,245 Ambassador
    You're on Mac, right? I haven't had a chance to play in Hitfilm for a few days as I ended up having to rush out two three camera, two hour concerts this week, and am actually taking a coffee break at the wedding I am shooting right now. Anyway, hope to get to look tomorrow.
    You're on Mac, right? I haven't had a chance to play in Hitfilm for a few days as I ended up having to rush out two three camera, two hour concerts this week, and am actually taking a coffee break at the wedding I am shooting right now. Anyway, hope to get to look tomorrow.

Yes, I'm on Mac.
    Bless you ".. two three camera, two hour concerts this week" you need to hire an extra man power I could send some of my employee to help if you wish  ;) 
    Can't wait to see your result, if there are no work around this issue I'm looking to make a 3D model then shatter it in blender then imported to Hitfilm.

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    I've not noticed that glitching myself when using the effect on PC. Are you able to upload a project file containing a shatter with the glitches so we can test it on some different machines?
    Looking forward to the cube template!
  • AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,426 Staff
    edited November 2013
    Hi Abidal, Could you post your system specifications for me please?
    OSX:
    MEMORY:
    CPU:
    GRAPHICS CARD:
    Many Thanks,
    Ady
    EDIT: Simon beat me too it!
    I've not noticed that glitching myself when using the effect on PC. Are you able to upload a project file containing a shatter with the glitches so we can test it on some different machines?
    Looking forward to the cube template!

Thanks Simon I need help with the shatter effect then it's done, you can download the attach file.

edited November 2013

Hello Ady,
    Here is my specs:
    MacBookPro10,1
    Processor  2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    Software  OS X 10.9 (13A603)

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    I downloaded your project. On a MAC, I was seeing the Appearance feature working.
    I think one of the problems is the pattern (even though it's an actual shatter :) ).
    If you notice near the center of the impact, there is not enough separation between the pieces for the effect to tell the difference. It's ends up being seen as one big piece.  I think it's a great idea to use something like that, but as-is, that's not clean enough.
    I downloaded your project. On a MAC, I was seeing the Appearance feature working.
    I think one of the problems is the pattern (even though it's an actual shatter :) ).
    If you notice near the center of the impact, there is not enough separation between the pieces for the effect to tell the difference. It's ends up being seen as one big piece.  I think it's a great idea to use something like that, but as-is, that's not clean enough.

I went to try it with PC and I got the same results, I did play with deferent settings but no luck.. I think I'm going to pre made the shatter effects with Blender then maybe if Simon got back to us with a good news I'll make version 2 of the template.
    I wanted to make it entirely in Hitfilm but maybe next time.

I am seeing the distortion on my PC as well. Wonder if rgbii is correct and making alterations to the shatter map would help, but it's still odd.
    I am seeing the distortion on my PC as well. Wonder if rgbii is correct and making alterations to the shatter map would help, but it's still odd.

I did try deferent ones with gray, multicolor and b/w also, details less it did give me the same result.
    I only just tested this project on PC, the others I did tested them on mac.