All Audio has shifted over

At some point in my project, the second half of my project's audio shifted about 37 frames forward, so the audio and video are now out of sync.  What's weird is the audio and video clips are linked, so when I try to shift them back, it shifts the video, too.  I really don't want to unlink 30+ clips, shift them, and relink them, so how did this happen, and how can I fix it?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,679 Ambassador
    edited May 2017

Your footage is from a phone, tablet or screen capture, isn't it? 

It's probably variable frame rate footage. 

That means you need to watch the first third or so of this video, then use the time codes in the description to skip ahead to your solution of choice. 

• jpyams
    jpyams Posts: 6

It would make sense if that was the problem, but the footage is from a Canon T5, fixed framerate, 24 FPS I believe.  What's bizarre is that all the audio from about halfway through the project is shifted exactly 37 frames ahead, with no variation whatsoever through the remainder of the timeline.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,679 Ambassador

Very strange. Way more than 9 times out of 10 this is a vfr issue. Can you humor me and check the files with MediaInfo (also shown in above video)? Canons are supposed to be CFR, but I want to be paranoid. 

Right-clicking a clip should let you unlink the audio to shift it independently. 

• jpyams
    jpyams Posts: 6

No, it's a constant frame rate.  I would unlink the clips and just shift them over, but I don't want to go through that with 60 or 70 clips, relink them, and somewhere in the middle break something else.  I'd much rather do it all in one step if that's possible, but Hitfilm doesn't seem to let you unlink multiple clips at once.