Hitfilm Express 3 - Can you still download?

DinakarUnnithanDinakarUnnithan Website User Posts: 3

Hello Hitfilm Team,

I have tried to install Hitfilm Express 4, but my computer doesn't give me a new edit when i click to do so. Anyway, I tried to then install Hitfilm Express 3. This time, my computer would let me onto the dialogue box that tells me to get a free license. I click this, and it takes me to the Express 4 website. Where can i get an Express 3 download code, or a way to get Hitfilm express 4 on my computer?

Thank you!

Comments

• inScapeDigitalinScapeDigital Website User Posts: 715 Just Starting Out

You can't get a license for 3. What do you mean 4 doesn't give you a New edit when you click it? Does it crash?

• DinakarUnnithanDinakarUnnithan Website User Posts: 3

Hi inScapeDigital!

Yes, maybe it's not clear in the post, but when I try to open up a new project, I click New Edit but the program keeps loading and eventually another box comes up saying Hitfilm Express 4 has encountered a problem. Would you like to send us a crash report? I click Send report and after a while even that doesn't work and the whole program crashes. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall many times but it still does not work. Express 3 opens new projects no problem but I can't get a license for 3. Please help! Is there any way to get Express 4 working or an Epress 3 license? 

Thank you!

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

I think the back end on the newer one changed somewhat, first thing check you have the latest GPU drivers installed.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,225 Ambassador

Dinakar can you list your system specs? CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage? 

Is your computer a Dell or Alienware? 

• DinakarUnnithanDinakarUnnithan Website User Posts: 3
    edited April 2017

Hi Triem23!

Thank you very much for replying to my query! I found that my PC (laptop) doesn't have the minimum system specs... The GPU, the RAM, probably the graphics card too.  I now have installed Hitfilm 4 Express on my New Macbook Pro! It works wonderfully though I haven't had the chance to complete a project. I installed it this morning!

Hitfilm 4 Express is absolute genius! I love the effects and how seamless the program is! And it's for FREE.  Can't wait to get going! Thanks for Hitfilm Express 4!

Thank you for your help!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,225 Ambassador

You're welcome. Enjoy Hitfilm! 

• Film_EmpireFilm_Empire Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 178

And so a another issue was fixed...

Haha nice @Triem23

This discussion has been closed.