3d displacement map

Joet7373
Joet7373 Website User Posts: 18

Hi,

Is there a way in Hitfilm to create a real 3d displacement map?

The displacement effect only allows x and y displacement. Is it possible to have a z displacement as well?

I was actually watching this tutorial and wondered if the same can be achieve in Hitfilm.

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,362 Ambassador

I'm not in the mood for a half hour tutorial. 

Caustics and Parallax both do z-displacement. 

Atomic Particles can do 3D Displacement, but it's a granular effect, more like Trapcode Form. 

• Joet7373
    edited March 2017

I can easily understand that you don't want to watch that. I should have explained.

Actually I want to turn 2d picture in real 3d (with a matte -it s window and building in the video I linked), meaning that we can see the depth in a 3d environment. 

Caustic and parallax gives depth but remains basically 2d when the camera is rotating around.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,362 Ambassador

Yeah, but they are as close as yiu can get in Hitfilm. If you embed your image in a comp shot larger than the image you can get extra leeway to move around the image. Without hitting the clipping window. 

• Joet7373

Thanks Triem. I hope this can be added in the future.