Becomes blurry after I trim the video.

Someone4LifeSomeone4Life Website User Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in HitFilm

Hi

I seem to be having a problem.

Whenever I am trimming my videos there is nothing wrong as in how it looks as in quality. Everything looks nice and clean around 720. But after I hit "insert clip" the clip becomes blurry. I think it could be because it is scaling the video to make it fit and maybe stretching it out and if it is I would like help to stop it from doing that. There could be other ways to fix this if so please let me know. If you want to see how the video turns out I can link my youtube video I posted to show my friends this problem.

There could be other issues so if someone thinks they could help please leave a comment. If anyone would want to see how the video turns out I can link my youtube video I posted to show my friends this problem.

Comments

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

You need to check the media formats, if u make a composit shot and try it there does it work better?

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Is the Project setting the same as your clips? Or are you adding 720p clips to a 1080p project, which would require scaling up to fit the frame?

If it didn't scale them up, then they'd sit in the middle of the frame with an empty border around them. The alternative - if this is what you are doing - is to set the Project settings to be the same as the clips - 720p - then no scaling is required.

The only scaling would occur after that would be on playback if set to full screen and your screen is larger than 720p.

Yes, if you already have a video, then posting it would help see what you are experiencing.

• Someone4LifeSomeone4Life Website User Posts: 2

I use OBS while I record and I'm Pretty sure its at 720 and thats what I want to record at. I set the hit to edit at 720 as well.

-Link to the video after i inserted the clip on hitfilms. 

• Film_EmpireFilm_Empire Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 178

@Someone4Life

When I look at it when the window is small, it looks fine. When played full screen, it's blurry. I think it just looks blurry 'cause you're trying to view a 720p video on a 1080p screen...

Is it possible to record in 1080p?

• kibbyshelton2kibbyshelton2 Website User Posts: 1

Go to options on the top right of viewer then click options then playback resolution then hit full!

This discussion has been closed.