Hitfilm 4 Express suddenly became slow after virus attack.

I have been using HitFilm 4 Express since a week before, I created 2 videos, they went pretty good. I didn't have any single lag, it was too fast and awesome.  2 days before my Chrome browser got infected by some "Redirect - Highjack" malwares. To get rid of them I installed "SpyHunter" and scanned my computer, it showed lot of threats, but I didn't work. So I uninstalled SpyHunter and went for AwdCleaner, but AwdCleaner also didn't remove the threats, then I stopped trying it.

Next day when I opened my HitFilm it started acting weird, it takes more than 1 minute for some actions like,

- creating new project

- start editing

- start compositing

- creating new composite shot

- switching from editor to composite shot

- switching from composite shot to editor

It literally stops working, if I try to click some other options the "Not Responding" thing shows up.

Please help me solving this problem, after using HitFilm I do not want to use any other video editors.

My system specifications are:

Windows 10  64 Bit

4GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 - 3320M CPU  @ 2.60 GHz 

PLEASE HELP! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,362 Ambassador

Your system is, by your own statement, infected with a virus you've not removed. Therefore, no one can do anything about your Hitfilm problem. You're going to need to take care of the virus first.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,012 Ambassador

+1 @Triem23 said, sort the virus, re-install Hitfilm and test again.

• chriguf
    chriguf Website User Posts: 287 Enthusiast

woow... spyhunter IS the malware... you was cheated. do not buy. search with google "deactivate/deinstall spyhunter clearly"

maybe  malwarebytes(free) and a live-cd/usb stick (all big-ones... norton, kaspersky etc have a malware-scanner to start without windows) can clear this crapware

• AileenMainella
    AileenMainella Website User Posts: 1

Yeah, I agree with Triem23. You need to make you PC clean first. According to your description, your problem can be caused by a browser hijacker which is able to hijack your web browser and redirect you to various unwanted websites. I have to find out and delete this browser hijacker. Below are the steps to remove a browser hijacker from the Chrome browser:

> Click Chrome menu at the upper right corner and select Settings.

> In the Settings window, click Set pages link.

> Delete the unwanted startup page by clicking X icon at the end. Then you can enter a desired web address like www.google.com as your new startup page and click OK button.

> Return to Settings page, click Change link.

> Delete the unwanted homepage link and then click OK button.

> Continue to return to Settings window, click the drop down menu icon to select your favorite default search engine such as Google.

> Then click Manage search engine button. Search for the unwanted search engine and click X icon to remove it.

> Go back to the Settings page, and click Extensions.

> Look for any unwanted extensions and click the trash bin icon to delete them.

> Right-click the Chrome shortcut on your desktop and choose Properties.

> Navigate to the Shortcut tab and delete everything behind .exe” in the Target field. Then click Apply > OK button.

To get the steps to remove other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, please visit here.

By the way, if the manual removal steps above don't work, please try using this tool to run a free scan so as to detect and delete all traces of the browser hijacker on your PC.

Other guides to remove a browser hijacker:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-browser-redirect-virus

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/threat-removal-solutions/current/solutions/kb20100811171926EN_EndUserProfile_en_us?inid=hho_supp_htm_trs-cur-retail-topfaq-04-kb20100811171926EN