Hitfilms pro 2017 crash on creation of editing project or composite project

acbdc82acbdc82 Website User Posts: 8
edited March 2017 in HitFilm

I am having a issue with Hitfilms pro 2017 where it will crash as soon as I create a new composite composition or new editing timeline. I've already sent the dump file. I'm curious is this something happening with other people? Also is there a fix for it? 

Update: Loading Hitfilms4pro, it does the exact same thing, why?

Also my Ignite pro 2017 is version: 1.0.6227.12601

My hitfilm pro 2017 is version: 5.0.6308.3601

My hitfilms4pro is version: 4.05723.10801

My laptop specs are:

Windows 7 64bit

8 gigs of memory (ram)

AMD Triple Core Processor IIN850 2.20ghz

AMD M88G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 17,778 Ambassador

I am not as familiar with AMD CPU's, but I'm 99% certain your machine is under minimum specs to run Hitfilm. 

You'll need to contact Support for a refund if you've already purchased the software. 

https://hitfilm.com/support

• acbdc82acbdc82 Website User Posts: 8

I am not going to ask for my money back, because I know for a fact that Hitfilm4pro, and Hitfilms pro 2017 both worked on my laptop before I added the Update version. Look at my profile with the stills I put up with the issue with the dll missing problem on another thread. Your software before the patch worked on my computer, after the patch, crashes on right after I chose what type of project I want to do compositing or editing. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 17,778 Ambassador

That's odd. Did you change anything else in your system recently? I've seen reports that other users experienced slowdown after the last Windows 10 Update, and rolled back the OS. 

You may still want to contact support? 

For the record, Moderators don't work for FXHOME. We're user volunteers. ;-) 

• acbdc82acbdc82 Website User Posts: 8

Noted on both cases I can contract support and see what they say. Honestly what i'm probably going to try is a uninstall and restated the first version of hitfilms without the updated addied then add it again and see what happens

This discussion has been closed.