[Help] How to Create 80s Style Intro?

HoldMySoda
HoldMySoda Posts: 85 Just Starting Out*
edited March 2017 in Post-production techniques

Hello,

I want to do an 80s style intro for my YouTube channel similar to this:

Anyone got a template I can use (preferrably free, don't have a lot of money to spend)?

Would be much appreciated, thanks :D

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,603 Ambassador

Express or Pro? Changes the tools available to work with.

Honestly, most of this stuff isn't very complex. Hitfilm's Grid effect takes care of the top and bottom grids (grid spacing can be keyframed.) Parallax can easily deform a grid into a landscape (that's an Express add-on). 3D Extrusion (another add-on) would be used to make the "deep" text after using a couple of gradients and maybe some distortion to make the text fill, and the glow and neon glow effects take care of most of the rest. TV damage (yet another add-on) can easily do the "old" VHS look, otherwise you'd have to build your own with color grading tools and some displacement for the tracking glitches.

• HoldMySoda
    edited March 2017

@Triem23 Hitfilm 4 Pro

I can recognize a lot of effects being replicable in Hitfilm, but I simply lack the skills. I'd be better off using a template if available.

And, if you don't mind, what's the effect/template store that many here praise? I forgot the name.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

• Yeremyah
    Yeremyah Posts: 995 Enthusiast

You mean you lack the willingness and patience to learn the skills? ;)

• TotopoCraft
    TotopoCraft Posts: 195 Just Starting Out*

So, you lack of skills, lack the money... I hope you have time, because learning that stuff will not cost you more money that you have already spent (in HitFilm Pro), but time.

• HoldMySoda
    edited March 2017

@Yeremyah I'm not lacking the willingness or patience. I just need it soon and not in 3-6 months. I've sat down today and practiced a bit (trying to get some grid to look like mountains, no success). My problem is that I don't know where to start to make what I want. There's really not much to go for when searching for Hitfilm. There's tons of stuff for AfterEffects.

• Yeremyah
    Yeremyah Posts: 995 Enthusiast