Keyframing

Is there a way to key frame a video file on a composite shot?

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,180 Moderator
    edited February 2017

@Eliezerlow312 It's kind of hard to say without knowing what you want to keyframe.  Position of the clip and opacity for sure can be and if you make it 3d you can keyframe it in z position too but that's about all I know of with semi-noob certainty.

There's a really good couple videos on here somewhere about key framing but I can't recall where exactly but they have been linked to other messages in the past few days.

• Eliezerlow312Eliezerlow312 Website User Posts: 78

All i want to do is make some one shrink as he is warping through space

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,180 Moderator
    edited February 2017

Oh, that's going to be tough if you have footage already and don't a clean plate.  You'll have to rotoscope/mask the person on the video layer then copy that masked layer and put it above the original.  The hard part will then be trying to fill the area where the person is masked on the original layer with the surroundings behind them.  If you can get that to work then you can keyframe the masked person scale and position and add warp effects to it to get the look you want.  Ideally, you haven't filmed yet or can refilm where you can set the camera up and film just the location without people then film the people in the scene and use this clean plate to replace the actor you want to manipulate.  You could also film in front of green screen and then put the location plate behind the actor (s) after keying.  Those are the options as I see them but there may be more I don't know.

• Eliezerlow312Eliezerlow312 Website User Posts: 78