Lines show after export

Hi, 

Thats my first time here, so be easy with me...

I edited this super simple video, but when exporting , some lines showed up in the video , of course those lines doesn't appear in the editing or on the original video files, can you please take a look:

link

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

Sure, easy answer here!

The camera you recorded with shoots interlaced video. Hitfilm wants to work with, and export, progressive video.

Two solutions. First, you can either transcode all your footage to a progressive format before importing. Second, you can add Hitfilm's "Deinterlace" filter to all your clips. Either one will fix the issue.

More information on interlaced vs progressive footage.

This thread and/or this thread contain detailed information on transcoding.

• Uzet1Uzet1 Website User Posts: 7

Hi Triem,

I'll add the "Deinterlace" and see the results.

how can I know (in the future ) if I need to transcode my footage to a progressive format  (how I do it?)

TNX for the help!!!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

Well, what camera did you shoot with? The thing to do is look in your camera manual/specs to see if it's shooting interlaced or progressive.

If the camera records in "1080i" then it's interlaced. If the camera records in "1080p" it's progressive. If the camera records "480i" or "525i" then it's interlaced.

For transcoding information click the blue links in the above post. I've already linked to two threads dedicated to how to transcode. No need for me to retype something someone else already covered completely. :-)

• Uzet1Uzet1 Website User Posts: 7

It can do both, so to avoid this in the I'll set it to not interlaced?

TNX!

Perfect! Shooting progressive avoids all other issues. :-)

Glad to help. :-)