Moving an complete Keyframe path

Hello

Is it possible to move an completely Keyframe path? I just created an Path for keyframing and now I want to move the complete path a little bit to the left.

Is there any possibillity to do this?

Comments

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast
    edited February 2017

Select the whole lot by Left-clicking with the mouse beyond the last key and dragging the selection box over all of them, then release the mouse button. Then while they're all selected (blue) click and hold any one of them and slide them up and down the timeline as required.

Unfortunately there is no useful 'snap to timeline marker' as you move, or anything useful like that, so you'll have to do it by eye. Put the Timeline marker (or Playback head) where you want to be, then when you get close, use the timeline scale slider (bottom left) to zoom into the timeline and move to the exact position you want, lined up with the timeline marker.

• Nicolai97Nicolai97 Website User Posts: 8
    edited February 2017

I think you missunderstand me

I want to change the position  of every keyframe by 10 pixels on the X-Axis to the left

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Oh, just move them all on the screen, not on the timeline?
    Remember the instructions above because you'll want to do that sometime too. ;)

OK, create a New Point. Parent the thing with all the Keyframes to the New Point. Move the New Point 10 pixels to the left.  :)

Thank you! That is what I looked for.

Another question about keyframing: If I have an animating object that is animating along an keyframe path: How can I make it, that the animating object moves always with the same speed between the Keyframes? I couldn't find an option the change the speed between 2 Keyframes exactly

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador

That, sir, requires a certain amount of finesse.

I'm going to direct you to two recent tutorials on keyframe interpolation and the value graph editor.

Now--Hitfilm defaults to a "Linear Interpolation" between keyframes. This means that the distance between the keys is broken up evenly for each frame. So, if you have two keyframes, ten frames and 100 units apart, then your object will move 10 units per frame. Now, if you add another keyframe another 10 frames later, but 200 units away, then you'll see "acceleration" between keyframe 2 and 3 because the distance has increased.

So--there is no control (not in Hitfilm, Ae, Vegas, Blender or any other animation program I've ever worked in) to "make it, that the animating object moves always with the same speed between the Keyframes." Technically, Linear Interpolation is doing that.

That's going to be up to you to space your keyframes out in space and time so the object maintains a constant speed.

A hint for keyframing in general--you keyframe the start frame/position of the object, then keyframe the LAST position/frame of an object, then you worry about the middle.

So if you're having a plane flying around the screen, you need to know where it starts and where it ends--then, when you adjust the middle positions, it will be more likely that you'll keep a more "constant" speed

Thank you very much for these Informations. I will try to play a little bit with keyframing today :D

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador

No problem. Watch those tutorials. AgARtsCo and inScapeDigital really put them together well, and, right now those two tutorials back to back are the best, most current information available on keyframes.