Stabilizing a mask without rotoscoping?

So I have a video which I was able to stabilized in Hitfilm. My problem is that I have a mask on the video. When I play the video the mask still moves around. I want it to stay locked onto the video. Is there a way to do this other than having to rotoscope the mask?

Comments

• chrigufchriguf Website User Posts: 287 Just Starting Out

Do the stabilized Video in a new compshot  and make the mask there 

• ToddGrovesToddGroves Website User Posts: 227

Or render out the stabilized shot, bring it back into Hitfilm and mask from there. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

Several ways. You can convert tge stabilized shot to an embedded composite then mask the embed (chigruf's suggestion). You can render and re-import the shot and mask the new version (ToddGroves suggestion). You can copy the anchor point data for your stabilized layer and paste that into the Transform data for the Mask itself. You can mask a white plane above your stabilized layer and use the masked plane as a Set Matte source. 

Converting the stabilized shot to an embedded composite shot is probably easiest. Masking a white plane for a Set Matte source is the most flexible. Rendering and re-importing is the least practical (additional rendering time, additional media to manage), but possibly the most "stable." 

• Ottoman12Ottoman12 Website User Posts: 6