Mask changing effect

Dawud
Dawud Website User Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in General

Hey guys How do you do a mask changing effect like in this video below in hitfilm 4 express 

at 0.38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWMgmWDQQVY

Comments

• Palacono
    Palacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Enthusiast

Holy crap. That's like showing us an image of the Mona Lisa and asking "How did Leonardo Da Vinci set up his easel?"  

That particular bit was simply  a moving mask applied to two images: one with the first model's head and another with a different head on. 

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,005 Ambassador

Way cool and all. (And I do mean way cool!)

But you can't just walk in the the door and say show me how to paint like Picasso (as @Palocono has said).

Stop motion like that takes years of technique to develop. My advice is to shoot some stop motion on your own and play with it.  Only by doing do we learn.  There is no mind meld (software)... Poof! ... now you're an animator.

• Palacono
    Palacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Enthusiast

I wasn't actually saying that. I meant of all the questions that could have been asked about that amazing video, the one that was asked was about a very minor effect. But I guess you have to start somewhere. :)