Help with HitFilm 2 Express

as soon as open the software it crashes, then doubles up the project. when I erased the dub project it erased both.. what is goin on???

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,254 Ambassador
    I am not FXHome staff, but the first thing they are going to do is ask you for more information, since "It's broken, why?" gives them zero useful information to help them diagnose your problem.
    If you can add to this thread some information on the following:
    Your CPU:
    Your GPU:
    Your OS
    Possibly how much RAM you have.
    Other information on the types of hard drives you have.
    Was the software working properly at some point, then stopped working, or is it constantly crashing from first installation?
    If the former, have you installed any new software since?
    If the latter, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
    Finally, have you opened a support ticket via the support section of the website?
    If you can answer some of those questions, you'll greatly help the FXHome staff help you.
  • Ady
    Ady Staff Posts: 1,531 Staff
    Hi,
    Sorry for the problems you've been facing, hopefully we can get you up & running!
    Triem23 is spot on, we need to know a little bit about your system in order to help you.
    If you could detail your CPU, GPU & Memory we can certainly start diagnosing what's happening with the software.
    Thanks,
    Ady
  • Hi,
    Sorry busy day..
    Hp envy 1450
    AMD six core fx-6120
    AMD HD 7570 graphics 2gb ddr3 dedicated
    64bit 10gb ddr3
    2tb
    16 gb 2.5 ssd
    Soon as everything starts to get laggy, I restart the computer. Then when I go back into hitfilm it gives me that error code that hitfilm 2 is not responding, sometime within the first 3 min of me starting to organize my project.
  • Ady
    Hi, Sorry busy day.. Hp envy 1450 AMD six core fx-6120 AMD HD 7570 graphics 2gb ddr3 dedicated 64bit 10gb ddr3 2tb 16 gb 2.5 ssd Soon as everything starts to get laggy, I restart the computer. Then when I go back into hitfilm it gives me that error code that hitfilm 2 is not responding, sometime within the first 3 min of me starting to organize my project.

Hi,
    No worries, I appreciate you're busy.
    The AMD Radeon HD 7570 isn't the best card when it comes to editing, but it should work. Could you try updating your drivers for me? I have placed a link to the latest driver for your system below. I have assumed you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8, hopefully his is correct.
    AMD Driver
    Thanks,
    Ady

• hi and thank you, yes win 8, I downloaded the catalyst and the other package in that link.. installed and restarted still having the same problem. it gives me the error code "hitfilm 2 is not responding" within 30 sec. of my project. I put the project on quarter render and that seems to do nothing.. I also notice when I restart my computer there is two of the same project. if I erase one of them it erases the both and I loose the project.. also can you suggest a better graphics card for my current configuration?
  • Ady
    hi and thank you, yes win 8, I downloaded the catalyst and the other package in that link.. installed and restarted still having the same problem. it gives me the error code "hitfilm 2 is not responding" within 30 sec. of my project. I put the project on quarter render and that seems to do nothing.. I also notice when I restart my computer there is two of the same project. if I erase one of them it erases the both and I loose the project.. also can you suggest a better graphics card for my current configuration?

Hi,
    No worries, sorry it didn't solve the problem.
    What are you trying to do within your Project? Could you maybe upload it?
    It's hard to recommend a graphics card when I don't know your budget or what type of PSU (Power Supply) you have. If you can tell me a little about your system then I might be able to point you in the right direction but I need to make sure what I suggest is the correct option for you.
    Thanks,
    Ady

• I think it's because I had a lot of transitions, I don't have a full editor so I use this one as my main editor. I just exported small parts at a time until they were done and then put them into the new timeline. And it worked fine. I also noticed that when I put it H.264 or onto the new timeline after being exported that it worked way better on my software. I think I have to find a good converter to make my stuff go from progressive to H.264. Can you recommend a good converter software? LOL and no I don't really have a budget for a new card at this time. Thank you very much is been very helpful.
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,254 Ambassador
    Handbrake is a solid program to convert to MP4, and it fits yiur budget: It's free!
  • Thanks @triem23 I'm going to check that out..
  • reip6
    reip6 Posts: 4
    Hi,
    i want to purchase HitFilm Express but i don't know where to buy it?
  • Ady
    edited November 2013
    Hi,
    i want to purchase HitFilm Express but i don't know where to buy it?

Hi,
    Are you looking for the PC version or the Mac version of HitFilm 2 Express?
    If you are looking for a Mac version, then sadly there currently is not one & there are currently no plans to release a version any time soon. But these plans can change, but as of now, there is no version of HitFilm 2 Express for Mac users.
    If you wish to purchase the HitFilm 2 Express version for the PC, you can do so from the Sony Website here, this will also include Movie Studio Platinum.
    Thanks,
    Ady

• reip6
    reip6 Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Thanks for the fast reply, i have a mac so i can't get it right now