Rendered videos are twice as long as they should be.

wyodakwyodak Website User Posts: 2

Hello, I am trying out Hitfilm because I want to move away from paying for a subscription service that includes software I never use.

I like Hitfilm Express so far but I've been have this issue where the rendered videos are twice as long as they should be. I am using footage recorded with nvidia shadow play, setting are 60FPS, and in game resolution. 

Here is a series of screenshots of my Hitfilm Project settings and the result.

My initial project settings:

The files I am using:

when I import the video a prompt comes up saying the video is different from the project settings and if I want to change the project to match it. It does not matter what choose as when I am done trimming the video down to match the my commentary track I get this:

The resolution, and frame rate are not supported by the h.264 codec, even if I switch it to the original game video framerate

The only way I can export is at 30 frames per second:

and after rendering the video is twice as long as it should be with the video slowed down:

As you can see the export setting length is different from the actual output video.

What can I do to fix this? I want to have video at 60 FPS, and I never had this issue in Premiere Pro. 

Thanks for any help in advance. 

My system:

intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.6GHZ

nvidia GTX 960M

16GB RAM

Windows 10 64-bit

AV software is Windows Defender.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.