Jawbreaker - Music Video

Jawbreaker
https://vimeo.com/75704290
Hey all, been a long time since I posted any videos, in fact it's been a while since I have made any, but I finally got back in the saddle and heres a music video I recently directed for a Ipswich based Techno/Electro artist.
For this project I was given a fairly short time scale to sort everything out, and work out how to pull off the brief which was "Create a music video for this track which is like Streets of Rage but shot like an action movie" 
Would love to hear what you all think about it!

Comments

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    Go! Go! Go! Nicely done! Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Streets of Rage but this vid was fun to watch regardless!
    I was hoping the group would explode apart while they gathered 'round and beat him. Great stuff!
  • StrikeEmStudios
    StrikeEmStudios Website User Posts: 224
    Go! Go! Go! Nicely done! Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Streets of Rage but this vid was fun to watch regardless!
    I was hoping the group would explode apart while they gathered 'round and beat him. Great stuff!

Thanks for watching Stormy! I have to admit I was also not so familiar with Streets of Rage, but knew the basics, and most Sega/arcade beat-em-up games are practically identical - so I just thought the whole thing to be something of a homage to classic videogames in general. Granted i could have gone for a lighter- FreddieW/Corridor take and made it all more obvious with a bin being smashed and a Roast turkey sitting on the floor, but that's not really 'my' style, and I was asked to make it as an Action movie. 
    The pile up sequence was something I felt went on a couple of shots too long and i was hoping to get hold of a jib to shoot that part, but unfortunately I was let down, and the sequence had to be extended to fit the music. That said, once the effect was completed i was far more pleased with it.