Bring Back The Movie Wall

I always liked the idea of the movie wall, it was great for the community! It's a shame it was taken down! 

Comments

• inScapeDigital
    inScapeDigital Posts: 709 Just Starting Out*

It was filled with spam and hard to maintain. That's why there is a User Gallery category now.

• DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Posts: 1,016 Just Starting Out

Unfortunately the Movie Wall got out of hand - it was swamped with test videos, accidental uploads and the odd bit of inappropriate material.

Instead, there is an entire forum dedicated to user work, so you can post a link to any videos you want to share there. Feel free to start a thread and share your videos to receive feedback from the community. The positive result is you get more comments and feedback from other users!

https://hitfilm.com/forum/categories/work-gallery

• Palacono
    Palacono Posts: 3,414 Enthusiast

@DanielGWood could you not also create a Movie Wall with links scraped from the user work thread? It's not very practical or likely to expect people to visit every thread to see people's work, but a link from the Movie Wall version to the thread would allow people to comment, as well as see all the videos in one place. 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,279 Power User

@DanielGWood it occurs to me that part of the issue with the movie wall was that earlier versions of Hitfilm defaulted to sharing anything rendered to the movie wall. Reinstatement of the movie wall where one has to manually choose to upload would cut down on the flood of test renders where versions 1 to 9 of a project would appear overnight. And the relatively new Moderators can, of course, help delete the occasional inappropriate video.

That's my 2¢.

• DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Posts: 1,016 Just Starting Out

Fair points, both. I will pass them on to those who make the decisions.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,568 Ambassador

Also to avoid spam why not limit to Hitfilm registered users of the software and make it no shorter that 30sec limit.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,994 Just Starting Out

Andy listed the best idea I think. And, if we need more users to mod the wall, theres always Norman, and other active users.