How Do You Size the BCC Layer Deformer to 1920x1080?

Can't find this addressed by searching the forum.  Looked in the BCC (Boris Continuum Complete) help, and I clicked preferences like it says to, but that doesn't bring up any options for...resizing to what I need. The default size is something like 960 x some 5xx pixels. I need 1920x1080. How do I set that?  Thanks ahead of time.

Comments

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,081 Enthusiast

Maybe you could tell us what controls in BCC layer deformer you are having a problem with. I do not see any controls related to pixel dimensions. 960x540, 1920x1080 or whatever. I cannot find anything in the help about this.

All of the scale controls I see are defaulted to 100% and you can  increase or decrease the scaling. 100% being whatever the source layer size is. No changes.

• DLKeur
    DLKeur Posts: 345
    edited December 2016

Hi, @NormanPCN . You must be getting REALLY tired of me already. Sorry about newb-stupid questions.  What I found was something that explodes a sphere in the BCC stuff.  But. The window size of the explosion is 960x540, and nothing I do to enlarge it works. Basically, the exploding pieces disappear off the inset layer at an abrupt square edge that isn't the sides of the video. . Here's a screen shot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuixoqzqldrne1q/BCC960x540Problem_12-28-2016.jpg?dl=0

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,081 Enthusiast

No worries @DLKeur. Just try to provide information about what you are doing. For example, in your two posts here I still do not know your exact circumstances. Without that info we cannot help correct the situation.

Here is a video of me creating a composite shot, 1080p30 and a plane for media. I put a gradient on the plane just to make it a more visually obvious. Then I add the layer deformer effect. I switch it setting to a sphere and add the shatter deformer. You can see the shatter does use the whole space of the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRnI1suuKx4

In looking at your screenshot I cannot know what or where you are applying the layer deformer effect. In the media panel I do see some 960x800 composite shots. Could you be applying the layer deformer effect to something inside those composite shots? 

"The window size of the explosion is 960x540, and nothing I do to enlarge it works."

The dimension you list here, and the source of your issues, is suspiciously close the size of one of those composite shots.

You can probably shatter a smaller layer into a larger composite shot but I've not tried that. I would guess you would need to apply shatter to a grade layer above the smaller layer. The composite this all sits within should be the size you want.

• DLKeur
    DLKeur Posts: 345

Ahhhhhhh.  Okay. Got it. Thank you so much.  That explains it.  You are awesome. If you ever need some sounds or still graphics, bmps. textures, or whatsit, of something that I can help with, tap me on the shoulder. I'm on G+ is the easiest way to find me, I think. since there's no way to PM here.