do i need Ignite Pro 2017

LarryPlaneLarryPlane Website User Posts: 70
edited December 2016 in General

This is probably a stupid question, but do I need Ignite Pro 2017?

I'm planning on migrating from Adobe software to Hitfilm 2017, and when  I do my Adobe software, including AE and PremPro will become in active.

Far as I can see, Ignite pro allows me to use hitfilm effects in other software, but I won't actually be using any other software, so chances are I won't ever use it.

Or am I missing something? Does Ignite combine with hitfilm in a way that I've not realised?

Comments

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,918 Enthusiast

Nope, Ignite doesn't offer everything HitFilm 2017 offers, and like you said it's ment to add HitFilm functionality to different software. =)

• LarryPlaneLarryPlane Website User Posts: 70

Okay, so I have understood it correctly, but for some reason I can't find an option to buy HitFilm without Ignite. Is there an option in the buy box that I'm missing?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador
    edited December 2016

Nope. 

Honesty, Ignite as a stand-alone is $200. Hitfilm Pro is $350. With things like Mocha and Boris and codec licenses, I can tell you FxHome pays out more than $150 in licensing fees on Pro.

You're getting Ignite for free.

Don't worry about it. It's something you can choose not to install, but it's not something you'd "save a few bucks" not getting. 

• LarryPlaneLarryPlane Website User Posts: 70

Okay, understood. Just was slightly confused at the pricing and bundles.