My first finished project

New music video for Blurt, shot on a building site while the workers were at lunch, I was under pressure to turn it round very quickly, so had it out the door in 2 days.
Edited and graded in HitFilm,
Then I had to sit and wait for a week or so whilst the bands pr sorted out an exclusive preview on thequitus.com got the green light this evening so now it is public. Here's a link to their page, with the vid embedded and of course I've added it to the movie wall, hope you enjoy
http://thequietus.com/articles/13356-ted-milton-blurt-let-them-be-video-tour
http://youtu.be/sb4i3XNxsys 

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,791 Ambassador
    Song wasn't my thing, but that's a fun video. You did a good job matching tonal levels on your shots. If I were to be picky, I would say some of the individual shot framing is a little off--too much headroom--but, A) you shot guerrilla, and super-fast,and B) it's punk, which is about breaking the rules. Good job.
  • FlickeringLight
    FlickeringLight Website User Posts: 58
    Song wasn't my thing, but that's a fun video. You did a good job matching tonal levels on your shots. If I were to be picky, I would say some of the individual shot framing is a little off--too much headroom--but, A) you shot guerrilla, and super-fast,and B) it's punk, which is about breaking the rules. Good job.

Thanks for watching, I take your point about shot framing, I'm not my favourite cameraman!
    For grading, I grouped my shots by the direction they were shot from rather than timeline or content, then when the master edit was assembled applied the black and white grade to the whole thing and keyframed "Crush Black and White" values to balance it up a bit more.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,791 Ambassador
    VERY smart way to line up your shots for initial grading. How id you move that grade back to your edit?
  • FlickeringLight
    FlickeringLight Website User Posts: 58
    VERY smart way to line up your shots for initial grading. How id you move that grade back to your edit?

Sorry, I forgot to mention I rendered the full colour version, then graded that in a new project, if there was a loss of quality through "double" rendering i think it was covered by the touch of grain in the final grade. I deleted the audo and reinserted the master for final export to avoid any issues there.