HitFilm Forum To...

Shooter99Shooter99 Website User Posts: 93 Just Starting Out

Hey Guys...
Any change to get HitFilm forum somehow at mobile?
Would be nice to be able ask questions and read anwsers when your shooting something...

Just thinking...

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,227 Ambassador

I don't understand the question. I'm typing this on my phone right now! 90% of my forum posts are on mobile.

What's your phone and browser? 

• Shooter99Shooter99 Website User Posts: 93 Just Starting Out

App.
    I don't use browser at mobile almost ever...
    It just sucks here... and i have big fingers

• DanielGWoodDanielGWood Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,021 Just Starting Out

Hi @Shooter99

As Triem says the Forums are already designed to work fairly well on mobile devices, and if there are bugs with how this is working let us know and we'll try to fix them.

We don't however have the resources to develop a mobile app for accessing the Forums (or rather, several apps for the various platforms). I don't think there would be much value to doing so, since any app would be a wrapper around the web interface, effectively.

Ok,

Well at least i try... :) That's something after all.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,227 Ambassador

@Shooter99 There's never anything wrong with asking. :-) It's actually not a bad idea, as I find some odd glitches using my phone on the forums, but, like Daniel said, FxHome doesn't have the resources for an app. It's a small company, and if we had someone writing a forum app, that coder wouldn't be working on making Hitfilm better!

• GodofThunderGodofThunder Website User Posts: 190 Just Starting Out

I'm no good with any of this stuff so take my question with a large pinch of salt, can the forum be added to Tapatalk?

• DanielGWoodDanielGWood Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,021 Just Starting Out

@GodOfThunder potentially, although I don't think we'd be able to use all the features - our Forum software is fairly basic.

To reframe the question a bit:

- As mobile users of the Forums, what do you think is missing from the mobile version?

- Are there any specific problems with using the Forums on a mobile device?

• GodofThunderGodofThunder Website User Posts: 190 Just Starting Out

I use an iPad for nearly everything while at home and forum is just fine, except what appears to be lower res versions of uploaded user films, clicking the 'more' option takes me to YouTube but the browser version and not the app version (where I would choose the highest res) . I only use my old iPhone 4 for texts and calls so can't comment about the forum on it.

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

Just started using the mobile version more with my new Moto G4 and seems fine.

Wi-Fi range everything works fine but mobile data area it's painful cause browser loads many other things also background than just a web page.
    Anyhow, i maybe have to start learning use phone network what is also **** unsecure way to surf around internet... :)
    This was just a though what cross at my mind so.:)

• davide445davide445 Website User Posts: 306 Just Starting Out
    edited December 2016

I used sometimes Tapatalk as a mobile app forum reader.

It's effective and I think might be easier to integrate with, instead of developing a proprietary app.

• inScapeDigitalinScapeDigital Website User Posts: 715 Just Starting Out

I'm on iPhone and everything works great.

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,914 Enthusiast

I use the forums with my Windows Phone, and it's browser. This forum was definitely built with responsive in mind.

edited December 2016

Hey,

Well i am now posting first time with my Phone and this seems to work fine...

But still, this was only suggestion.

Not order to do something...

@Shooter99 no worries, it is good to let us know of these things! You are right that our site is fairly heavy, in terms of imagery and video content (particularly the main site, the Forums are a bit more lean).

There's an eternal debate at FXHOME between those who want super awesome imagery to help advertise our products and those who want pages to load faster and hog less bandwidth. For what it's worth, the current product pages are a little less hoggy than the previous iteration!