looking for Teacher (paid work)

Flowlife
Flowlife Posts: 4
edited September 2013 in General
Hi. I'm looking for a person who can create a few tutorials for me, it's paid job. I want to learn Hit Film, but there aren't many tutorials on Motion Graphics, i'll show you movies i like and you show how to make it hit film. 
If you have any question or suggestion you can email me: [email protected], or reply here. 

Comments

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    By all means do also feel free to post the movies you like here. Lots of people are happy to share their knowledge without needing payment. :)
  • Flowlife
    Flowlife Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    I would love to see something similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeC3AisTs2Y&feature=endscreen
    and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt7BjZS3wig 
    Do you think it is possible to make it in HitFilm?
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Hm, most of that is possible one way or another but there's a ton of different techniques at work. Can you pinpoint a particular shot in either video you'd like replicated?
    A lot of the first video can be recreated using simple 3D image planes. The spinning Inneractive logo, for example, is a bunch of colour planes with text on, spinning around a central point.
    Some of the other stuff, like the map unfolding, looks more like 3D work. Certainly possible in HitFilm, depending on the specifics, though you may want to use a full 3D modeller/animator instead. It really does depend on the specifics of what you're doing.
    The floating sea of triangular particles can be recreated using atomic particles in HitFilm, I reckon, and the spray of particles at a few points can be done using the main particle simulator.
    So, yes, a lot of it is indeed possible, but every single element is a different technique, or variant on a technique.
  • Simon K Jones - Thank you very much!!!
    I like second video very much, but i have no idea how to approach it, where to start?!

I use 3d app, but my kink is to learn AE or HitFilm, but on some reason i'm prone to HitFilm but lack of tutorials on specific theme, is the reason i'm looking for a teacher who can create some tutorials for me.

• DanielMorgan
    DanielMorgan Posts: 324 Just Starting Out
    The thing is Flow Life, it's kinda pointless. You can pay to learn how to make specific effects all day long, but you might as well sit and play with the software, otherwise you will miss whats truly important about motion graphics design. The best part of those videos (at least the first one) for me, is the way everything flows. The conceptualisation of showing that information. The simplicity in the design. That's nothing to do with having an excellent knowledge of after effects or hitfilm, its about understanding motion graphics.
    If you wanna make those kind of promo's, I'd suggest you sit down and just watch other tutorials for other effects. They might not seem relevant but actually, the basics are the same. Key framing, planes, compositions etc. 
    Anyway, hope that helps :)
  • Daniel Morgan - Thanks, for good advise!!!
    But nowadays there is one huge problem, and it's a lack of time. 
  • StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    edited September 2013
    It'll depend on how bad you want to learn how to do things. Sometimes you have to sacrifice one activity to make room for another. If you really want to learn you'll find a way to do so.
    And I agree with Simon & Daniel, watch the tutorials to get an overall comprehension of how the program works and then experiment. Download any project files that are with the tutorial and follow along. You learn more by experimentation and while you may not get exactly what you're looking for, majority of the time you'll end up with something better.....at least that's been my experience.
  • DanielMorgan
    DanielMorgan Posts: 324 Just Starting Out
    Daniel Morgan - Thanks, for good advise!!!
    But nowadays there is one huge problem, and it's a lack of time. 
    Yeah, I totally understand you. It's really not something that can be learned over night. I just... I kinda don't think you will learn much from a straight forward tutorial, like your asking for. It would be a shame for you to spend money and maybe not get the results your looking for. I guess one thing you COULD do, is maybe download some templates. Get a feel for how their put together, how each element is composited into the sequence. 
  • Yeah, I totally understand you. It's really not something that can be learned over night. I just... I kinda don't think you will learn much from a straight forward tutorial, like your asking for. It would be a shame for you to spend money and maybe not get the results your looking for. I guess one thing you COULD do, is maybe download some templates. Get a feel for how their put together, how each element is composited into the sequence. 

I agree, this would help. One thing that helped me learn about VFX is looking at professional work and studying it. Find something that just looks pretty and figure out why it looks so good. Try to recreate that in your programs (once you learn how to use them :D) and evaluate your results. Compare. Learn. 
    "You don't learn french by sitting and thinking about french all the time, you get better at french by speaking it. You get better at making movies by making movies." -Freddie Wong

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador
    Another thing to be said in favor of following general tutorials and learning how to use the software, and WHY things work as they do (rather than paying someone to teach you how to build effect "X") is that, once you understand how Hitfilm works, and why it works as it does, you'd be able to follow specific effects tutorials more easily.
    If you don't understand WHY and HOW the particle simulator works, there's no point in teaching you how to build a specific effect with it.
    It's a bit like the old cliche "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime."
    One last thought--get your general Hitfilm skills down, and you'll be able to adapt tutorials for other software. Because once you understand the principles of what you're working with, the rest is just the software interface--There's a lot of After Effects tutorials that transition nicely into Hitfilm with only minor changes.
  • ESPictures
    ESPictures Posts: 533 Just Starting Out
    But one thing that might help you learn is if someone created a particular effect in HitFilm and then sent you the HitFilm file.  You could then open the file on your computer, look at the effect, tweak settings, etc.  Sort of get the effect that you want and then play with the nuts and bolts and see how and why it works.
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador
    @ESPICTURES: a bit like Daniel Morgan said--pulling apart templates. But many of the Hitfilm tutorials have project files he could use in a similar way.