Short Film Contest Entry - And Oh! What Things to Have Been

Chavz
Chavz Website User Posts: 6
edited September 2013 in Practical Filmmaking
This was our entry in a local film contest. You're given 7 days to make a short film and each film must include essential elements that are provided at the kickoff event. The essential elements this year were:
Prop: A seashell
Character: Lena, an over-achieving human female who drops the ball.
Line: "It's not the heat; it's how hot it feels."
http://youtu.be/i7GUADtx_-Y

Thanks for watching.

Comments

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    edited September 2013
    Love the cheese scene. @-) Strange essential elements to have to work in but you did it quite well.
    Let us know how things turn out and keep up the good work!
  • Chavz
    edited September 2013
    Thanks. We didn't win anything, but we did get a nomination for the best use of the line of dialogue, which I assume was only based on the delivery of it because we gave it very little context.
  • KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,085 Staff
    Hey really enjoyed this! Well done on your nomination - I also really liked the cheese scene and the way you overlapped two scenes to create separate streams of dialogue.
    The first scene also really made me chuckle. Do you have any other projects in the pipeline? 
  • Chavz
    Thanks. We have several scripts at various stages of completion. We hope to get into the swing of churning things out regularly.
  • Chavz
    I've updated the first post with the final cut of the short film that was finished a couple of days ago in place of the unfinished version that was turned in for the contest.