How to see parts of image that do not fit into frame in composite editor?

THX1139
THX1139 Posts: 545 Just Starting Out

I have a picture which is too big to fit inside the 1920x1080 frame but I'd like to see the rest of it nonetheless. Is there a way to do that?

Comments

• Aladdin4d
    Aladdin4d Posts: 2,481 Enthusiast

Adjust the Scale property under Transform or click and hold one the corners of the blue bounding in the Viewer and move it in until you have the size you want. Holding the Shift key while you do that will keep the scaling uniform.

• THX1139

I actually wanted to keep it at the same scale. I'm going to pan around it using the transform position property and wanted to see it to help with that. I can figure it out without seeing the whole image at once but it's just a bit clumsy. 

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,179 Expert

@THX1139  I think you might be able to do what you want by creating a camera in your composite, and making the image 3D in its dimensions.  Then you can zoom in or out using the camera controls and pan around as well.  But I could be wrong here about what you are trying to for.

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,259 Staff

Change to the Layer tab and you can see the entire layer, separate to what portion is visible in the Viewer.

• THX1139

Is there any way to see the location of the frame (frame being the rectangular image that gets rendered into the video - I don't know what the correct terminology is) in the Layer tab? I wanted to see the frame and the picture at the same time to guide my transformations to the intended points.