Downloading the HitFilm installer

rick1
rick1 Posts: 221 Enthusiast
edited November 2016 in General

Hi just bought Hitfilm pro 2017 £167.25, but when I got my Email it say's Hitfilm ignite. Is this correct or have I did something wrong?

Comments

• rick1

All ok did not read correctly

• DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Posts: 1,016 Just Starting Out

Glad to hear it and I hope you enjoy the new version!

For anyone else reading this, when you buy or upgrade to HitFilm Pro 2017, you also get Ignite Pro 2017. You'll receive a few emails after purchase - an order confirmation, and separate emails for Pro and Ignite (I'd guess that was the confusion here). There can be a little delay between these, but it's usually pretty instant.

• rick1

Daniel I was sent 2 sets of serial numbers 1 for Ignite 2017 and 1 for hitfilm Pro 2017, so am completely confused. Also I have the demo downloaded , do I take that out first?

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff

All licenses of HitFilm Pro 2017 include Ignite Pro 2017 as well, so you can install either one, or both, depending on what you need. There is no need to uninstall the demo, you can just activate it using your serial code.

• rick1

That's great Axel.looking forward to using it, and look forward to the new tutorials. I personally don't have a clue about the scopes, but sure I will learn

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,297 Power User

Rick scopes are a generic tool, so, even though there are no Hitfilm specific tutorials yet, any Ae, Premiere, Vegas, Avid, FCPX tutorial for parade scopes and vectorscopes will work. 

• rick1

Hi Triem, thanks for the info.You always give great advice. Hitfilm are obviously busy with bugs etc, why dont you do some tutorials to help us out. Hitfilm do  a great job but to be honest i still miss Simon, his tutorial's were great and always laid out just as well we still have Axel.Kirsty andJosh. Never know Maybe he will return in the future.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,297 Power User

Rick, honestly I told @AxelWilkinson I would do a Scopes tutorial for launch, but *ahem* my wife and I both got laid off a couple weeks ago, and I took a week long out-of-town gig to get some income. Unfortunately this means I put the tutorial off, but, yes, one is in progress. 

• rick1
    edited November 2016

Sorry to hear that Treim,always at this time of the year. That would be great but only at your own pace and when you have time. Maybe some of the other guys can pitch in.To be honest there is always a lot to learn with each new update, and can sometimes not be to easy to take in. Some can take it in like a duck to water, I ain't 1 of them. I have a reasonable grasp of Hitfilm, but trying to learn Boris and Infinity photo at the same time, so need all the help I can get. Having said that there are a lot of users out there like me.