Some more atomic particle tests inspired by Axel...;-)

Comments

• RodyPolisRodyPolis Website User Posts: 613
    The second one is pretty awesome! Gotta try this when I can.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,249 Ambassador
    How are you doing that? I was thinking you were wiping a mask across a text layer synchronized with another mask across the text/atomic particles layer, but it's not giving me quite the same look.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,249 Ambassador
    Ah, two synchronized masks, and moving the atomic particles center point?
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,241 Staff
    Nice work, Marc!  Really cool stuff.  Triem23 - it looks like he is using shatter maps to apply the shatter from left to right.  A shatter map lets you use a grayscale image to define which areas of the image should shatter first, and which should shatter last.  Start by using a black to white gradient from left to right, and experiment from there.
    You could be right on the shatter map. Maybe applied in the fx chain after the atomic particles?

I generate similar FX in Boris CC, but for this type of particle effect Hitfilm is a lot easier to set up and faster to render.
  • MajahrMajahr Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 554 Enthusiast
    Tutorial is rendering out now....;-)
  • MajahrMajahr Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 554 Enthusiast
    edited September 2013
    Ah HAH! Knew you were sweeping a mask, but didn't know the "layer" function in varied settings was a mask control. Assuming other Hitfilm that have that "parameter mask by layer" ability you just unlocked a whole new world of stuff. One of those "Eureka" moments that makes me take a moment to wonder why a particular fact wasn't in a previous tutorial or online documentation. Thank you! Haven't had a "this changes everything" moment like that since Axel mentioned that mocha prefers a large spline but smal surface.
    @Axel. When you said "shatter map" above, were you refering to assigning a parameter-level, layer-driven mask within the Atomic Particles Fractal Group, or Mask-driven shatter effect added to a layer? I thought the later.
    Ok, so I just drove 8 hours home, after my fourth 16+ hour workday (field production: event video. Some dance festival) in a row, and now I am wanting to play with atomic particles, because you solved the effect I have trying to generate. But I shall sleep, build it later today and post it.
  • rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    I like both, but really like the second - nice work, and thanks for the tutorial.
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,241 Staff
    @Triem23 - I used the wrong terminology when i said shatter map, but what I meant was exactly what Marc does in the tutorial, using the gradient as a map to define the disintegration of the Atomic Particles via the Fractal Layer controls.