Is VisionLab still supported?

2mac2mac Website User Posts: 3
Hi experts and movie makers..
I have a simple question about the vision lab studio, because I used it 5 years ago and I may purchase again on Amazon.
I would like to know simply does it still work? or is it obsolete ? deactivated? because it's an old software.

thanks for your help

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador
    I believe FxHome staff would recommend Hitfilm 2. As you noted, Visionlab is a 5+ year old bit of kit. Imagine what this team has done since. I am a videographer editor with 20 years in the field, I have used Premiere, After Effects, Avid, Final Cut, Vegas, Lightwave, 3D Max, among others, and I will tell you flat out, in my opinion, Hitfilm Ultimate 2 is your single best value-to-money program in the industry right now. (Adobe Creative Cloud is the next best value if you want to commit to $700/year to use all things Adobe.) If your budget only stretches to Hitfil Express, it is still a better value than Visionlab.
  • 2mac2mac Website User Posts: 3
    Hit film express is my budget Thank you.. much appreciated for your reply.
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    What Triem said. Also, just FYI and to answer the initial question: VisionLab is not supported or developed anymore, as HitFilm directly succeded it, but it does still work like it has 5 years ago. So, if you had already purchased VisionLab, you could still use it.
  • 2mac2mac Website User Posts: 3
    well gentlemen I recently purchased "Movie studio HD Platinum 11 which came included with Hit film Standard that only allowed me 30 seconds to make one composite shot special effect shot . it says it was a Demo version even though I added the serial key, rather strange.. I was wondering can I find pre -sets for Movie studio HD platinum 11 pre - sets like electricity Sci-fi stuff? by the way Robin that's good to know that Vision lab studio still works. Adobe sounds way too expensive.
    thanks again guys
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    that only allowed me 30 seconds to make one composite shot special effect shot . it says it was a Demo version even though I added the serial key, rather strange..

Just to clarify this: The serial key for Vegas probably is not the same for HitFilm. From your "Standard User" badge I can see that you have linked your account with your HitFilm software, so you should be able to get you HitFilm license key by clicking on "Hi 2mac" in the upper right corner of the website, and then navigate to "Your software". You can see your serials there, try to enter them in HitFilm.

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Sounds like your HitFilm Standard may not be fully activated yet, it certainly shouldn't be running in demo mode if it's been purchased as part of a Vegas pack.
    On the subject of VisionLab - bear in mind it was originally developed in 2005. It was not designed for modern operating systems, so stability on Windows Vista/7/8 is by no means assured! It also will not run on modern versions of OS X.