Help Needed (Resolved)

IM JUS LEARNING HOW TO USE HITFILM... LOVING THIS PROGRAM... BUT THE THING IM HAIVING PROBLEMS WITH THAT WHEN I PUT THE VIDEO IN AN PLAY IT IT RUNS SLOW LIKE SKIPPING.... SHOULD I BUY A VIDEO CARD.. BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THAT. OR AM I SHOOTING IN THE WRONG SHUTTER SPEED FOR NORMAL FOOTAGE... I HAVE A CANON T3I AN IM SHOOTING 1080 FPS 60 AN SHUTTER SPEED AT 60.... AM I DOING SOMETHING WORNG.? AN THATS WHY MY FOOTAGE IS SLOW WHEN I PLAY IT IN HITFILM.. THANKS FOR THE HELP ANYBODY!!!!!!

Comments

• Nate066Nate066 Website User Posts: 191
    What are your computer specs(ram,cpu,gpu) and for future notice please don't type with all caps. It makes your reply hard to read.
  • ymeyme Website User Posts: 36
    Your computer might be slow, the footage might be in a wrong codec many possible reasons. Try the RAM preview button.
  • EmpireProductionzEmpireProductionz Website User Posts: 2
    I have a canon t3i as well and i cannot get any of my videos to play when i try to import them to edit, it tells me the file can not be found but it plays all my other media player without a problem
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    We've used Canon DSLRs a lot here without any problems. Fame - where are you files stored?
  • rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    I use Canon video (7D & t3i) with no problems.  What's system specs? Specifically, what's your GPU?
  • OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    I have a canon t3i as well and i cannot get any of my videos to play when i try to import them to edit, it tells me the file can not be found but it plays all my other media player without a problem

I use a T3i as well and normally I don't have issues importing files into HitFilm.
    How many files are you trying to import at the same time?  Sometimes, I've had issues when loading a large group of files into HitFilm at the same time.  Breaking them up into smaller groups has resolved that.

• CEASARBATESCEASARBATES Website User Posts: 2
    i figure it out.. it was my old computer i was workikng with.. plus it wasnt a core 2 quad or something better.. but not i see i have to upgrade on a computer.. thanks for everyone responds on helping me out highly appreciated
  • CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
    [quote name="yme" post="33775" timestamp="1377532260"]Your computer might be slow, the footage might be in a wrong codec many possible reasons. Try the RAM preview button.[/quote] what is this ram preview button? What does it do?
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    Caleb, here's the relevant manual page:
    http://hitfilm.com/reference-manuals/hitfilm-2-ultimate#preview_rendering.htm?zoom_highlightsub=ram%2Bpreview
    RAM preview is the blue play/pause button on the lower right of the viewer panel--just below the preview image. What it does is render the timeline to RAM (using current settings for lights, shadows, motion blur, DoF, full/half/quarter resolution, etc) so that you can playback an effect in real time from the edit timelines. Since export is always as full resolution, lights/shadows/blur/DoF on, and anti-aliased, being able to select the quality of your RAM preview is another useful tool.
    And, of course, this lets you take a look at how something is coming together without committing to exporting to disk.
    You're gonna love it!
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
This discussion has been closed.