Black Lightning

InvertedSkyTowerInvertedSkyTower Website User Posts: 7
edited August 2013 in Post-production techniques
Hi Everyone
I saw a game the other day where there were main characters are magicians and they were firing black lightning with a red glow around the main bolt.
I wanted to do this in a video and have tried to test in AE, but can't figure out how to do it.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
Thanks,
Alex  :)

Comments

• NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
    Just a quick response:
    Use the lightning effect. Set the core color to black and the glow color to red. Done!
    http://youtu.be/L7433x31O3I
  • InvertedSkyTowerInvertedSkyTower Website User Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    Just a quick response:
    Use the lightning effect. Set the core color to black and the glow color to red. Done!

I have tried this but it hasn't really given me the look I wanted because the glow blocks out the core and if I decrease the glow you can't see it. Also setting it to add to make it brighter doesn't work either.
    Thanks for the response anyway.
    Alex  :))

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    Try lightning with a red core/glow, set to ADD mode. Duplicate it. Change the top copy to a black core and glow. Choke the glow on the top layer and set to MULTIPLY.
  • InvertedSkyTowerInvertedSkyTower Website User Posts: 7
    Try lightning with a red core/glow, set to ADD mode. Duplicate it. Change the top copy to a black core and glow. Choke the glow on the top layer and set to MULTIPLY.

Yes! This worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.
    Alex

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    No problem. Glad that did it.