Rendering at Hitfilm -Nvidia GTX 770m vs Randeon 8970M

RangelRangel Website User Posts: 9
Hello!
Does anyone knows which one is the best video card to render and work in hitfilm 2 Ultimate?
They are at the same price...
Which one do you think is better?
Randeon 8970M
  • 850 MHz
  • 4 GB GDDR5
GTX 770m
  • 706 MHz
  • 3 GB GDDR5
Thanks!

Comments

• MasquttiMasqutti Website User Posts: 340
    Radeon seems to score higher on some becnhmarks (HF not included). Do you think there is any need for CUDA calculations? For example blender cycles etc.
    If so, you could go with Nvidia.
    OpenCL is coming to be featured in many software, so Cuda isn't going to be the only option.. Even Blender will support it in time.

But mentioned was some driver problems with 8970M... I hope they'll get solved!
  • RangelRangel Website User Posts: 9
    Well I am starting to work with particles in hitfilm... I also work with sketchup and lumion.
    Do it needs CUDA calculations?
    Since the 2 graphics are at the same price what would you chose?
     Thank you very mutch!
  • MjlnerVFXMjlnerVFX Website User Posts: 184
    I would pick the GTX 770m because it has CUDA, wich you could use in blender for example for live rendering and stuff. CUDA is just boss.  Blender have no support for such from Randeon :P 
    Thanks!
    Do you think I will notice a big diference betwean GTX 765M and GTX 770M?
    Because GTX 765M is so much cheaper....
  • MjlnerVFXMjlnerVFX Website User Posts: 184
    Thanks!
    Do you think I will notice a big diference betwean GTX 765M and GTX 770M?
    Because GTX 765M is so much cheaper....

I dont think you really would notice any BIG diffirent. If i were you i would pick the cheap and use the leftover on some more ram or something like that :) 

I dont think you really would notice any BIG diffirent. If i were you i would pick the cheap and use the leftover on some more ram or something like that :) 

Do you think 8 gb of ram are enought to work with complicated scenes in hitfilm?
    Thanks for the help, by the way!

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,241 Staff
    HitFilm uses OpenGL for its calculations, to keep the software accessible to as many users as possible.  So OpenCL and CUDA won't benefit HitFilm performance.
    8GB of RAM is what I have installed on my main HitFilm PC.  It gives you room to get fairly complex.
    Thanks!
    And do you think it worths to pay more 170 dollares to get a i7 -4800MQ instead a 4700MQ?
    Will the difference be notable?