Help! 3D display error!

maumaumaumau Website User Posts: 23
I've got the following problem when working in 3D:
I imported a model of a book and animated it.
I want to use Hitfilm Planes as the pages.
But when I keyframe the opening of the book, and when the page is supposed to lay on top of the inside of the cover,
the page disappears, and the cover comes into the foreground (eventhough in 3D space the page should still be ON TOP of the cover!). See image "Book error".
I changed the order of the 2 layers on top of each other in the timeline ("Book" and "Page") and the error disappears, BUT then there's the same error in the beginning of the scene, when the book is closed: But this time the page is in front of the book, which should, of course not be. In 3D space the page lies UNDER the cover, so how can it be, that I see the page? (See image "Book error 2") That's totally wrong!
I really need  a solution for that!

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    3D models each exist in their own 3D space; they don't share the same 3D space as things created within HitFilm, like planes and effects.  So you will have to treat the layers as if they were 2D when combining 3D models and other 3D elements.
    If you created a 3D model of a flat plane, and imported that as your page, then you could put as many copies as you need into the same layer as the book cover, and then they would all be in the same 3D space.  And you could animate the cover and the pages however you want, and they would all behave as you are expecting.
  • maumaumaumau Website User Posts: 23
    Thank you for clarifying that!
    What you suggest, is actually, what I tried before:
    To import the pages as extra 3D models and add them to the book but there's one problem:
    I want to have text and videos appear on the pages!
    If the pages are parts of the model I can't parent text to them, so that the text moves with the page, when the page is turned, right?
    The text would only move, if the whole model was moved.
    Do you have an idea how to do that?
  • MajahrMajahr Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 556 Enthusiast
    Hi.
    Are there any plans to share 3D positions between imported models and HF generated stuff?
    Regards,
    Marc