Feature request: allow adding typed notes to timeline

THX1139
THX1139 Website User Posts: 545 Just Starting Out

I would find it useful to be able to leave notes to myself on the timeline so I can more quickly recall what I need to do there after working on another part for an extended period of time.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Enthusiast
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,005 Ambassador
    edited October 2016

Thx, the devs have an official Wishlist thread checked regularly. Go ahead and add this here. It's another common wishlist item, and the more votes it gets... :-) 

In the meantime, create a Composite Shot called "Notes." put a full-screen text object in and use that as a Notepad. If you need more notes, add another layer. Use the smallest font you can read. In the Editor Timeline you can add this comp on a top track for reference and hide/unhide as needed. 

@CNK you too. 

• THX1139
    THX1139 Website User Posts: 545 Just Starting Out

Thanks for the notice and the work around!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,005 Ambassador

No problem. I started doing that first  when I uploaded some template files for users. Realized a NOTES comp embedded the directions in the Hitfilm project so I didn't need to write a README file. 

• HitFilmer193539
    HitFilmer193539 Website User Posts: 12

I find this feature hugely relevant. 

Would like to know if this feature is coming anytime soon.

Thank you

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,200 Ambassador

@HitFilmer193539 FXhome never announces exactly when new features will be released. They may tease now and then that certain things are "coming soon," but not all features/updates are teased like this, and to my knowledge the staff have never responded to specific "when will [feature] be available" requests.