Can't convert video because audio goes off sync

PieroBeadle
PieroBeadle Website User Posts: 69

Wasup guys! So I made a screen rec on my Macbook Pro with quicktime which apparently I cant change the settings but I used the settings in this video  which are 

Video Codec H.264
Frame Rate: Same As Source 
Constant frame rate
Constant Quality 
RF 17
x.264 preset: Medium
x.264 tune: None
Fast decode
H.264 Profile: High
H.264 Level: Auto
Extra Options: keyint=15:min-keyint=1:bframes=0

So when I send the screen rec through that the audio goes off sync! The settings of that screen recording before I put it through Handbrake are 

Frame Rate: 38
Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
Res: 2560/1600
Color 24bit
Codec AVC / H.264

and after I send it though Handbrake

Frame Rate: 38
Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
Res: 1152/720
Color 24bit
Codec AVC / H.264

The project settings I edit them in are the 1080P FULL HD @ NTSC 29.97 template!

Can someone please help?? had to miss my Youtube upload yesterday because I couldn't figure out in time!! 

Thanks!!! 

Comments

• PieroBeadle

just noticed my first sentence might confuse you I said

"So I made a screen rec on my Macbook Pro with quicktime which apparently I cant change the settings but I used the settings in this video"

The first time I said settings I am referring to is my screen recorder settings
    The second time I am referring to the Handbrake settings! 

• Aladdin4d
    Aladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

Is the audio off in the Handbrake encoded file itself or just when you try to use it HitFilm? I suspect going to the project settings and manually changing the frame rate from 29.97 to 38 will help but 38 fps is odd and there's going to be issues in getting it to a standard frame rate.

What were you actually capturing? Was there a lot of movement on screen?

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,063 Enthusiast

Normally it is best to specifically tell Handbrake what framerate you want in addition to the constant framerate setting for converting VFR material. Using "same as source" may not get you there in all circumstances.

Also it looks like your handbrake transcode also resized the frames to 1152x720. You said your project settings were 1080. Any reason for the discrepancy? I would either keep the frame size at the original and deal with the mismatch in Hitfilm or resize to 1080 during the Handbrake transcode.

• PieroBeadle

Aladdin4d: It was off actually just in Hitfilm just realized that! I honestly have no idea how it got to 38FPS but so yeah. Not really much movement at all its an Affinity Photo tutorial which is basically photoshop and its on taking out back rounds out of pictures. Like how to keep strands of hair in the photo!

NormanPCN: Wow thanks! I punched in the frame rate retried it and it worked! and the resolution I just fix in Hitfilm itself but I'll actually try that because I think I'm losing quality by just upscaling it. 

Thank You both for the help!!!

• PieroBeadle

NormanPC: and by that I mean I'll use Handbrake to fix it lol! 

• antonthegreat
    antonthegreat Website User Posts: 2

If I understand you're issue properly it is a Frame Rate issue. You MUST export it at the same Frame Rate as the project, and make sure that the frame rate of the project and the video is the same.

I have encountered this issue so I hope this helps you :)