Instagram Export Problems

Zflaxx3
Zflaxx3 Website User Posts: 2

Hi, I edit videos of the game Black Ops 3 which is part of the COD franchise.  I apply the preset instagram 30 fps project mode, but when I upload the video to instagram the "killfeed" (which is in the bottom left of the screen) is cut off.  Anybody know how to help me would this?  I would appreciate it greatly.  Thank you

Comments

• Zflaxx3

The left side of the screen is basically cut off (add on)

• Zflaxx3
    edited October 2016

When I export videos to instagram from Hitfilm, parts of the screen are cut off.  I tried messing with the pixel width/height but it didnt work.  I need a solution to this soon, plz somebody help me I would greatly appreciate it, THANK YOU.

• Behind_The_Lens
    Behind_The_Lens Website User Posts: 159 Just Starting Out

If you export to the desktop, are parts cut off? What version of HF are you running?  What size (pixels) is your video? What are you exporting it at-what are your export settings? Finally-what edits/effects are you applying to the video? Also-does instagram only accept certain resolutions? 

Behind_The_Lens

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff

The issue is most likely going to be one of aspect ratio. Make sure that when you export your video, you use letterboxing to change it to a 4:3 aspect ratio, if it is widescreen. Because Instagram is not going to allow a full widescreen image into their constraints, so you have to add the white or black bars above and below the video in advance.

• TriFlixFilms
    TriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,005 Ambassador

Instagram video uses a square aspect ratio. The game video uses the aspect ratio it was captured it. Likely 16:9. You'll need to use the scale property for the video layer to shrink to fit. 

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff

@TriFlixFilms - it was addressed in his other thread on the subject, which I have now merged into this one. Haven't heard back yet as to whether it was resolved.

• TriFlixFilms
    TriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out

"which I have now merged into this one"

ahhh.... thought I was losing my mind because when I wrote my comment only the OP had commented, now there are several additional :'D

Glad it got resolved, thought he fell through the cracks and no one helped him @axlewilkinson

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,560 Moderator
    edited July 2017