Not uploading to youtube

LexiCoolieLexiCoolie Website User Posts: 3

whenever I try to upload my project to youtube it comes up with this stupid "uploading error" is it just me and can someone please help me fix it!

Comments

• TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out

can you take a screen shot?

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Press the Print Screen Button, paste the screenshot you just grabbed into an art package - even Microsoft Paint will do - save it to your desktop or somewhere convenient, upload the image to a photo hosting site, copy the link and paste it here in another message.

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

How long is the video that you are trying to upload? It might be that the upload is taking long enough that HitFilm is losing the connection. If your project is more than 15 minutes or so, try uploading a shorter project and see if it works.

If it does, then you may want to export longer projects to your desktop, and then upload them through the browser. If it still fails, please tell us when exactly the error message occurs during the upload process.

• LexiCoolieLexiCoolie Website User Posts: 3

thanks i'll try

• SokKSokK Website User Posts: 3

Hello guys ! 

I have the same problem, and I'm not really sure it depends on the lenght of the video... it seems to be quite random. I managed to upload huge videos using directly the "export to youtube" way and some short clips failed (Youtube Uploading Error).

Still, it doesn't really matter as I can manually export to mp4, then upload to YouTube. BUT I would REALLY like to know what are the default settings used when you use the Export To YouTube function. My own mp4 looks not as good as the automatic uploads ! Can someone help me ?

Thanks !

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

The compression settings used for direct YouTube upload are based on YouTube's own recommendations:  https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Well, I think I found my own answer right after I posted this message.

I usually tried to export using CBR to 15K (I know YouTube recommends 12K for 1080p60 but I like to keep a little margin). The results were disappointing to say the least.

Today I tried something else : I put Variable Bitrate, with Target 15K and Max 15K as well. The results are closed to the one I have with the YouTube export.

I don't know why, I'm just starting my own channel. But it looks a LOT better.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

@SokK one thing about VBR. It's trying to AVERAGE to the target bitrate, but may go lower (if you have a static camera and still background, for instance, data can be saved by using additional compression on the still parts of frame) or higher (lots of movement). For beat results from a VBR pass, set max bitrate to about 150% of the target. In your example set max to 23.

To set bitrates higher than 20mbps,  you'll need to change the "Level"  in mp4 settings to something higher than 4.2.

Thanks ! I'll try it on my next export !