You really want to know about my crazy video ideas? Ok then. ;)

JoeyVFX
JoeyVFX Website User Posts: 38
Me and a couple of my friends have formed a character named Mr. Man. He enjoys drinking his Super Almond Tea™ and marketing it in his internet movies. He is a british scientist with crazy hair and a determined personality. He first showed up in some videos I made for class. Here is his most recent appearance. Keep in mind, these were school videos where I had 4 days to make the whole thing happen, so there are serious continuity and VFX issues. Also, there is a boring learning bit. But I'm proud of it because it introduces this strange character.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvzLOa27u3U
We are planning to shoot another Mr. Man video soon. It will probably be a new show where he must fight human sized toaster pastries with laser guns, while getting help from his unicorn/dog mix breed, Carl.
I would love to hear your input on the crazy video/video idea and our crazy character!

Comments

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,728 Ambassador
    Thanks for the LOL, LeadingNowhere.
    Human sized toaster pastries.......as long as they "bleed" the color of their flavor.......I think it'd be fun. If they're fresh out of a toaster the size of a garage would they burst when hit with a laser?
     Thanks for sharing!
  • JoeyVFX
    I already modeled a 3D toaster pastry! We are going to be sticking mouths on them so they can talk :D Also, a quick side note- my friends and I spent 3 hours planning this idea. Hopefully it turns out nice (if we find the time to actually make it) and you guys enjoy it!
  • JoeyVFX
    Hmm... I attached an image to that last post... can you see it? Because I can't... hmm.
  • StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,728 Ambassador
    edited August 2013
    Nope- can't see the picture. I'm not positive but I think pics have to be put online somewhere to be posted here. I've tried getting them right from my computer but it hasn't worked for me.
    Please- Have one of your toaster pastries eat this kid. He's as annoying as the Snuggle bear or the creepy Burger King with the fixed smile. :))
     http://youtu.be/-Jyk7xlc6Bw
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,953 Ambassador
    edited August 2013
    BWAHAHAHAHA, "DIE, MOUNTAIN!"
    (That's the best threat to an inanimate object since Sylvester Stallone screamed, "I kill you, tunnel! I found your heart!" in "Daylight [1996]) (EDIT: After checking IMDB, I see the actual quote is [readies an explosive]
    " I have found your heart, and I'm gonna blow it right out of you" [thrusts the explosive right into the wall of mud])

We all know that a Toaster Pastry can be lured to it's doom with a tube of frosting, right? ;-)
    I would say that Mr. Man needs a really bad British accent, because the only thing funnier that an American with a really bad British accent is a Brit with a really bad American accent. To be specific, I'm thinking either a clipped "Accepted pronounciation" Brit, or maybe a Liverpool accent.
    (Would he be a Doctor? Someone could call him "Dr. Man," and he could scream back something about, "That's MISTER Man! Haven't you heard of alliteration?")
    Thanks for the chuckles!
  • JoeyVFX
    Nope- can't see the picture. I'm not positive but I think pics have to be put online somewhere to be posted here. I've tried getting them right from my computer but it hasn't worked for me.
    Please- Have one of your toaster pastries eat this kid. He's as annoying as the Snuggle bear or the creepy Burger King with the fixed smile. :))
     http://youtu.be/-Jyk7xlc6Bw

That is just flat out... umm... unique? Hah.

• JoeyVFX
    BWAHAHAHAHA, "DIE, MOUNTAIN!"
    (That's the best threat to an inanimate object since Sylvester Stallone screamed, "I kill you, tunnel! I found your heart!" in "Daylight [1996]) (EDIT: After checking IMDB, I see the actual quote is [readies an explosive]
    " I have found your heart, and I'm gonna blow it right out of you" [thrusts the explosive right into the wall of mud])

We all know that a Toaster Pastry can be lured to it's doom with a tube of frosting, right? ;-)
    I would say that Mr. Man needs a really bad British accent, because the only thing funnier that an American with a really bad British accent is a Brit with a really bad American accent. To be specific, I'm thinking either a clipped "Accepted pronounciation" Brit, or maybe a Liverpool accent.
    (Would he be a Doctor? Someone could call him "Dr. Man," and he could scream back something about, "That's MISTER Man! Haven't you heard of alliteration?")
    Thanks for the chuckles!

Yeah, it's tough to pull off a bad british accent without being completely obnoxious :) We just shot it today, too bad I didn't get to see what you guys added to this thread! He only talks 2 times in this piece, the toaster pastry man should be talking more often than Mr. Man will. Hopefully this video will be good, I'm going to be doing a lot of painting on this project :o All because dogs are the most difficult actors. LOL!

• JoeyVFX
    The project is currently at a standstill, my friend who will be playing the toaster pastry is very busy! Darn you school, don't you know i'm busy making movies?!
  • JoeyVFX
    UPDATE: The music is finished!
    https://soundcloud.com/leadingnowhere/attack-of-the-pastry 
    Tell me what you guys think, i'm still learning how to make music (this one was meant to be a little cheesy at parts)
  • KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,069 Staff
    Hmmmmm....I'm torn over this. 
    I'm inclined to think that the beginning *until 23 seconds does go with the last bit now that I've listened with it all the way through, but when listening to it originally the change made me grimace. 
    Really, really love the beginning of the piece of music (makes me think of a post-apocalyptic scene, emerging victorious from the rubble or something). 
    However, looking at your other work, the majority of that piece will work for you. 
    I don't like it - but I do! Interested to see the visuals you will attach to this :)
  • JoeyVFX
    I'm thinking I could patch up those cheesy parts and try to make them sound better. I'm sure I could just use cooler instruments there. It seemed pretty good when I was working with the edit in the music program.
    What did you think of the end of the piece? This is when the pastry man will explode/end title.
    And about the beginning... you will be seeing Mr. Man himself drinking tea as you listen to the post apocalyptic music. LOL!
  • JoeyVFX
    I updated the Soundcloud link. Tell me if you think it's better/worse and what parts you liked. Your feedback really helps!
  • JoeyVFX
    I HAVE ALL OF THE FOOTAGE! YES. Time to load it on my 'puter and finish VFX!
  • JoeyVFX
    It's time for an update.
    I just finished coloring the video. I really recommend using DaVinci Resolve for color grading. All you need to do is correct the exposure for each shot, then make a new node on each clip and apply your main grade to each node. Just using the program in this simple way will yield amazing results. DaVinci Resolve can do a whole lot more, and it's free!
    I am starting sound design- an area where I want to improve. I'm using Adobe Audition for the first time, so this should be fun. Any tips on sound/finding sound packs would be much appreciated.
  • JoeyVFX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiVLI-m1avQ
    THE VIDEO IS COMPLETE!
    Sound design in Audition is really nice. I really recommend it.
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,953 Ambassador
    That was two minutes of surreal, silly goodness.
  • JoeyVFX
    edited December 2013
    Fun Fact- I got a lot of sound effects straight from the FXHome website! Here's the link. http://fxhome.com/sound-effects
  • StormyKnight
    Thanks for the link! You keep that kind of assistance up and you'll have to change your screen name 'cause that link is definately LeadingSomewhere. ;) 
  • JoeyVFX
    Yeah, I've hated the name for months now (LOL) I definitely want a new name in the future, I just can't think of one that sounds good :/ Oh well, i'll stick with it for now.