Can a layer be created......

Can a layer be created ( in this case) a light flare & rays without a video clip? Are there any instruction tutorials for this.

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Sure, you can create a Plane or a Grade layer any time you want to, inside of any composite shot, or you can create a plane directly in the media panel.  You can apply light flares or rays to either one.
  • SimiancroSimiancro Website User Posts: 30
    if I may expand.....can I create the layer, render it, save the mp4 and use it on footage on a later date?
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Sure, you could, but you could also just save the composite shot after you set it up, so you don't have to pre-render.  Just add the composite shot to your footage at a later date, instead of the rendered copy, and you will have maximum quality, and the ability to still customize the effect if you ever need to.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador
    Yes. Yes you can. However, rendering out to an mp4 or avi locks the element. If you're saving the element for later use in Hitfilm, you're better off exporting it as a composite shot preset. Take a look at the tutorial page for "Designing Templates in Hitfilm 2 Ultimate."
  • SimiancroSimiancro Website User Posts: 30
    that was the one I had been looking for....I remember watching it a few times.....thanks
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador
    Heh--"cross-typing."