Which Lens/Adapter Combination?
So I've narrowed down my selection... I think. Keep in mind to use Auto lenses like the Sigma and Canon and utilize the auto features, I would need an electronic adapter (No budget for Metabones). This rig will be used for Cinematics and BTS's so I don't know if OIS is something I'll need however focus will be controlled manually with this FilmCity Model.
Adapters (EF lens of MFT x 2.88 Crop Sensor):
- Fotasy $100 - Manual (+1 Stop of light and x .7 focal reduction)
- Pixco $100 - Manual (+1 Stop of light and x .7 focal reduction)
- K&F $15 - Manual
- Kipon $300 - Electric
- Kipon $200 - Electric (x .7 focal reduction)
- Sigma $800 (18-35mm F1.8)
- Canon $125 (50mm F1.8)
- Sigma $400 (17-50mm F2.8)
- Rokinon $500 (35mm T1.5)
- Rokinon $400 (35mm F1.4)
My rig will be nearly identical to the setup on the left:
- Black Magic Micro Cinema Camera
- External View Finder (Without external recording capabilities)
- Custom Battery that also power the monitor via 12v plug
- Follow Focus for tight control (FilmCity or Tarion)
If you have any suggestions, inputs, criticism on why this is a terrible idea and how I'm inexperienced with no concept of reality... please leave them below because I'd love to get your opinion Cheers!