A few little things I haven't figured out yet...

Hello all,

Sorry for the extremely layman questions, I'm still fairly brand new.  I've done some looking, but haven't been able to find answers to the follow questions yet (I'm on Express at this point if relevant).  Feel free to skip around and answer only what you have an answer for:

1.  When working in a composite (keying out my green screen), the composite shot defaults to 30 seconds.  Can I quickly change that to the clip length somehow?

2.  In composite, is there a quick way to transform to the clip size?  (i.e., if I'm working with a 4k clip, and I want to reduce to 1080p the size of the clip, is there a quick way to get it exactly to the size of that clip, or do I just have to get it roughly there?)

3.  Is there a way to manipulate the viewer other than scrolling in and out?  Like, if I want to zoom in, and then move it to the left to look at a different part of it, or if I want to recenter it, are there any controls for that?  I can't seem to find them.

Thank you!

James

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,241 Staff

1. If you create the composite by right-clicking the clip, then it will default to the clip length. To edit it after the fact, open the Properties for the comp (either from the timeline or the Media panel) and enter the new duration you want to use.

2. 4K is twice the height of 1080, so just set the scale to 50% alnd you wil be good to go.

3. Use the mouse wheel to scroll the level of zoom, then drag with the right mouse button to reposition your view within the viewer.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,712 Ambassador

Also, in the bottom right hand corner of the viewer window is a little arrow.   Click that and select Scale to Fit and your video will be recentered and scaled properly for the display.

• xtraorangextraorange Website User Posts: 6

Thank you both!!