Typography effects

Hey,

Ive seen that typography effect below which has been done with after effects, and i wonder if there is a tutorial for it on HF.

typography effect

I think it's done with masks since the guy explained it can be done with a single layer for each sentence

Comments

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

I had a play with the Shatter Effect and semi-approximated it (if you close one eye and squint a bit with the other), but short answer: not really.

• new3dmusnew3dmus Website User Posts: 33

After Effects has pretty elaborate character/text animation tools build-in and I suspect they use those (rather than using masks). I don't think you could easily replicate this in Hitfilm. Maybe you can try the BCC Type On effect to get something somewhat close to it?

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

+1 for trying BCC Type on text. It can do the random fly in and out but it cannot do the jitter of the letters in between the fly in/out. BCC Extruded text has the ability to do that jitter but not the fly in/out. You would have to use layers mix these two together.

• foleyproductionfoleyproduction Website User Posts: 110

ok thanx, i guess BCC is a plugin right ? I have HF3 is it possible to add it ?

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

BCC Type on text and BCC 3D extruded text are included in Hitfilm 4 Pro.

You can purchase the Boris 3D object plug-ins but they are something like $200. Also, I'm not sure if the retail Boris stuff supports Hitfilm. Really you would be better off having HF4 Pro if you want the Boris 3D plug-ins.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Or....get yourself Hitfilm 4 Express and add the plugin to that for $50-$60 (I only see the £40.21 price, guessing at exchange rate). Unless you need 4k video, you could use it for that sections alone, export the final clip then reload into Hitfilm 3 Pro.

If you upgrade to HF4 Pro, I think you get some of the money back for plugins you bought.

• new3dmusnew3dmus Website User Posts: 33

BTW - one other (free) option is to use Blackmagic Design Fusion for this. Downside is that you'd need to understand a bit about node based compositing. I did a quick test, and whilst it's in no way in the same league as the example the OP provided, with a bit of TLC you should be able to create something close to it.