Camera does not show

madv
madv Website User Posts: 4

While editing in 3D using 2 views.

1. Perspective view
  2. Active camera view

Suddenly the camera symbol is not visible. The views are both visible. When mouse clicking (left) on the 3D move buttons the camera symbol becomes visible. When releasing the mouse button the camera symbol is invisible again. This way I can not work with the camera.

Is this a setting or a BUG?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,798 Ambassador

What Layer do you have selected in the stack. If you don't have the camera selected, yes, it will vanish when you let go of the navigational controls. 

• madv

Thank you for your answer. I tried. When the camera layer is selected the camera remains invisible. It becomes visible for the brief moment when pressing down one of the 3D motion buttons.

(I tried to include a screenshot but this richtext control only creates an empty box (edge?))

• madv

I tried a new project. Here the camera symbol works fine. I am not looking forward to start again. Is there a way to move all the edited content to a fresh project?

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,798 Ambassador

Sort of. You can move Composite Shots between projects but not Editor Timelines.

In your second project, use the Import Composite Shot option on the import menu and select your first project. 

• madv

Bingo! that worked, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.