How to force installation of HF4?

ArekArek Website User Posts: 83
edited September 2016 in General

I have a problem with updating HF4 to the newest version on one of my machines. When I'm trying to update HF4 I get this message: "The older version of Hitfilm 4 Pro cannot be removed". I even tried to remove HF4 from registry but it didn't help. Can anyone help me with this problem, please?

Comments

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,709 Ambassador

Stupid question:  Did you go to Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a program?   Hopefully you did that before diddling with the registry.

Also, once you uninstall, always a good idea to reboot before attempting the install again.

• ArekArek Website User Posts: 83

I wasn't able to remove it by uninstalling it. That's why I was trying to dig in the registry. So far I was able to force installation with a command "msiexec.exe /a..." but i'm not able to choose path of the installation, no presets are available, and dynamic link with VEGAS Pro 14 doesn't work. Program by itself is working normally - but I would prefer to have presets, and usable dynamic link with VEGAS.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,709 Ambassador

@Arek Glad you solved your issue!  And thanks for posting the solution you found on the interwebs.

As an IT professional, I have to perform my due diligence and caution users about making registry changes unless you are absolutely sure you know what your are doing.   There's been many a time I've been desperate to solve a problem and tried a reg hack that I found on the internet.  Often these things don't really solve the problem and you run the risk of F..ing up your computer.

So be careful out there.

In your case it worked and awesome you got it sorted.

• ArekArek Website User Posts: 83