Offical Panasonic GH5 News! (The rumors are finally over)

TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out
edited September 2016 in General

GH5 Article:

http://nofilmschool.com/2016/09/panasonic-gh5-everything-fans-want-and-more

Great news! Also GoPro Hero 5 and GoPro quadcopters able to fold up to fit in a travel backpack. So many great aticles from Photokina Show right now. Let me know what your most looking forward to :)

Best Cameras at Photokina Thus Far:

http://philipbloom.net/blog/photokina2016/

Comments

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,868 Ambassador

A lot of hype and pretty pricy too. Let's see what some real world tests produce. The thing I do like the look of is the stabliser unit that can go hand held, that brings versitility to the solution.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,281 Ambassador

I dunno. The GoPro drone doesn't seem too pricey. It's very competitive in its bracket. 

Gh5 is exciting. Especially since Canon's new offerings remain boring. (I'm deciding which ship to jump to for my next DSLR--Sony or Panasonic. I guess it'll be whichever performs better with EF lens adapters, since I have a couple of $1500 Canon L-lenses I would like to keep.) 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

@Triem23  Metabones Speed Boosters  are available for both. There are some differences in lens compatibility and other things like an a7 series has to be in APS-C mode. Luckily they have pretty detailed reports on compatibility for each version.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast
    edited September 2016

Edit: Oops, read "GoPro Hero 5 in text" and didn't take notice of thread title.

• TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out

My goal was to be able to carry a quadcopeter, a camera, a laptop and a dji osmo in a backpack comfortably enough to ride on a motorcycle.

GoPro has just made this possibly. I'll probably have to order a custom backpack, however this product with a 15" macbook, and a kitted BMMCC would be very light and easily trasportable :)

It's not so much functionality (Phantom 4 is way better) but it's the convenience for run and gun vloggers/filmmakers/enthusiasts.

I'm still not sold on the Gh5 just yet myself since DR is the spec I look at the most, plus the convenience of an editable codex without trascoding aka prores.

All in all, great reads and I'm glad you guys were able to take away something from it :)