Removing sound above 16000Hz

dalgibbarddalgibbard Website User Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Post-production techniques

Hey all,
I've just purchased the 'Starter Pack' in an attempt to remove some extremely high pitched sounds from some video files I'm editing, but the equalizer seems to top out at 16000Hz with no  customization of the affected ranges. Am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure the sound is somewhere around 18-20k Hz (maybe higher!), and I can't remove it with the Equalizer.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out

Audacity is your friend, I believe it will have the ability to solve your problem...

However I find it disappointing HF does have faily limited audio capabilites.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

Audio in Hitfilm could use improvement. Yet Hitfilm 4 was a huge step forward. Some of Hitfilm's audio effects are useful and fun (Doppler comes to mind,) but a compressor and some good EQ won't go amiss. 

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

Maybe something like the Vegas Parametric EQ effect. Pretty simple UI to implement and of course the effect is simple.

Low shelf, high shelf, band pass filter options. Center frequency and band width options and of course amount. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

@NormanPCN speaking of Vegas, 14 is out. I don't see upgrade pricing, so I may have erred in not just buying a second 13.

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

@Triem23 I've not gotten an upgrade email yet. Lots of traffic in the MAGIX forum on V14. 

• HarHar Website User Posts: 400 Just Starting Out
    edited September 2016

I did get the upgrade email back on 9/12 saying buy the 13 upgrade now and get 14 for free if you buy the upgrade before 9/29 (mind you, this is for Vegas Movie Studio, not Pro...I've been using ye olde VMS 12 all this time).

Personally I'm curious if they'll have an upgrade path from Movie Studio to Pro - not seeing anything mentioning it yet. (I had hoped that perhaps the new version of VMS would've upped audio bitrate support to 24-bit from 16, but looks like it hasn't)

• dalgibbarddalgibbard Website User Posts: 2

Thanks for the feedback all, I passed the video files to support and they couldn't fully remove the noise either, but at least they tried :)

Will have to manage it separately, though doing that for several individual clips is a bit of a pain, unless I can find some way to batch process them :)

• CowboyBobCowboyBob Website User Posts: 105

Why don't you complete your edits then strip the audio and  filter it through audacity as a single file. Then remarry the two....