PC slowing down dramatically

ZuvuyaZuvuya Website User Posts: 13
Hi,
I´m getting started with Hitfilm a bit, great possibilities! But when HF is opened, it slows down my PC dramatically.
For instance, when looking to find a clip on my HD (Start/Computer/...), it takes the PC forever to read the location (the progress bar at the top gets slower and slower?). When I close HF the PC runs as normal.
Before I installed Hitfilm 2 Ultimate (And Vegas Pro 12) I did a clean install of the OS.
My PC is:
i7 [email protected]
16GB RAM
NVIDEA Geforce GTX 650TI
W7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1
Is there a certain setting in HF conflicting?
I hope you can help me out.
Kind regards,
Charles

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,436 Staff
    Hi,
    I´m getting started with Hitfilm a bit, great possibilities! But when HF is opened, it slows down my PC dramatically.
    For instance, when looking to find a clip on my HD (Start/Computer/...), it takes the PC forever to read the location (the progress bar at the top gets slower and slower?). When I close HF the PC runs as normal.
    Before I installed Hitfilm 2 Ultimate (And Vegas Pro 12) I did a clean install of the OS.
    My PC is:
    i7 [email protected]
    16GB RAM
    NVIDEA Geforce GTX 650TI
    W7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1
    Is there a certain setting in HF conflicting?
    I hope you can help me out.
    Kind regards,
    Charles

Hi Charles,
    Sorry you are experiencing a few technical difficulties when using the software.
    The Hard Drive that you are accessing the footage on, is this a separate drive to your Windows installation?
    Is it a networked drive? Accessing the drive outside of the program doesn't exhibit the same problem?
    What is the speed of the drive? i.e. 5,500rpm, 7,200rpm .. etc
    Is the drive full or near capacity?
    Sorry, I have lots of questions.
    Thanks,
    Ady

• ymeyme Website User Posts: 36
    Antivirus program?
  • ZuvuyaZuvuya Website User Posts: 13
    Hi, sorry I haven´t answered sooner. Since I get no forum notification mails I loose track a bit.
    @Ady: I don´t mind the questions. We need to narrow things down, don´t we? It´s a separate HD @7200RPM, 750GB and I have 72 GB of free space remaining (D:). Yet the same happens when I browse to my Windows installation drive and try to go to C/Documents. It´s a simular HD with 598GB remaining.
    @yme: I went offline and disabled Kaspersky: no change whatsoever, unfortunately...
    Hope this information helps,
    Charles
    Hi, sorry I haven´t answered sooner. Since I get no forum notification mails I loose track a bit.
    @Ady: I don´t mind the questions. We need to narrow things down, don´t we? It´s a separate HD @7200RPM, 750GB and I have 72 GB of free space remaining (D:). Yet the same happens when I browse to my Windows installation drive and try to go to C/Documents. It´s a simular HD with 598GB remaining.
    @yme: I went offline and disabled Kaspersky: no change whatsoever, unfortunately...
    Hope this information helps,
    Charles

Hi Charles,
    I think the best thing here might be a remote session so we or at least I can see what's going on. Is this something you'd be ok with?
    Thanks,
    Ady

Hi Ady,
    Sure that would be fine. Great even, if that´s how we could solve it.
    Please let me know how.
    Kind regards,
    Charles
    Hi Ady,
    Sure that would be fine. Great even, if that´s how we could solve it.
    Please let me know how.
    Kind regards,
    Charles

Hi Charles,
    I usually use a program called Teamviewer which is one of the best pieces of software on the market for remote sessions & it's free. :)
    If you can let me know via PM when you have some free time I can take a look at the issue in more detail.
    Many Thanks,
    Ady

edited August 2013