Cutting crash

novocaine12766novocaine12766 Website User Posts: 5
edited August 2013 in Post-production techniques
Ok so for a while i have ignored this bug because it didnt bother me all that much. But as of late it's become a nuisance. My hitfilm 1 standard will crash about 30 seconds after i use the cutting tool ONLY in the editor timeline almost every time. it's really becoming a nuisance. Anybody have a similar problem? Or hopefully a fix?

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,445 Staff
    Ok so for a while i have ignored this bug because it didnt bother me all that much. But as of late it's become a nuisance. My hitfilm 1 standard will crash about 30 seconds after i use the cutting tool ONLY in the editor timeline almost every time. it's really becoming a nuisance. Anybody have a similar problem? Or hopefully a fix?

Hi,
    Sorry you are having problems with the software. Could you elaborate a little further on what you are cutting when the problem happens, are you cutting Video Footage, Composites, Planes.. etc.
    Do you have a Project with the problem? Could you upload it here?
    Many Thanks,
    Ady

• novocaine12766novocaine12766 Website User Posts: 5
    Thank you for the quick reply Ady. This problem happens only when i cut composite shots and/or pieces of media i have dragged into the editor timeline. It happens more often  when i cut Audio pieces. ie: (I unlink a video with its partner audio and cut that audio out) then it will crash in about 30 seconds. Saving my project right after i cut usually works but more often then not it still crashes. This happens on all of my projects.
    Thank you for the quick reply Ady. This problem happens only when i cut composite shots and/or pieces of media i have dragged into the editor timeline. It happens more often  when i cut Audio pieces. ie: (I unlink a video with its partner audio and cut that audio out) then it will crash in about 30 seconds. Saving my project right after i cut usually works but more often then not it still crashes. This happens on all of my projects.

No problem,
    Thanks for the updated information, appreciate that.
    Have you submitted an error report? I don't see one from the account you have registered on here?
    What are your system specs?
    OPERATING SYSTEM:
    CPU:
    MEMORY:
    GRAPHICS CARD:
    Thanks,
    Ady

No, i have not. i just thought i could maybe resolve it in the forums. um would it be ok to send you my dxdiag?
    nvrind:
    OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit (6.1, build 760 1)
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X 4 840T processor (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    MEMORY: 6144 MB RAM
    GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
    Does this help?
    No, i have not. i just thought i could maybe resolve it in the forums. um would it be ok to send you my dxdiag?
    nvrind:
    OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit (6.1, build 760 1)
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X 4 840T processor (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    MEMORY: 6144 MB RAM
    GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
    Does this help?

Hi,
    You can send me your DxDiag in a PM if you like, but I'd be interested to see the error report as it will give us more information what is happening.
    Can you also confirm you are running the latest version of HitFilm, you can find the latest installer in your account here
    Thanks,
    Ady

edited August 2013
    I went to the Link and it says i have no registered software.
    *Edit: I just remembered that's because my Dad bought the software for me on his own account.
    *Edit: And how can i submit an error report?
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    You can also download the demo, as it uses the same installer as the full version.  Or, have your dad login to his account and download it from the link Ady gave.
    http://hitfilm.com/ultimate/demo
    well i only use standard i dont have enough budget for ultimate