Red Giant Universe Plugins Not Visible [SOLVED]

francisw19
francisw19 Website User Posts: 35
edited September 2016 in General

Hello guys, I've recently reinstalled Windows on my PC and have now noticed that the plugins for Red Giant Universe aren't installing properly.  After logging in to Red Giant Link and clicking the install button, just one effect is added (one of the Legacy "Toonit" effects) and nothing else.

I know this is very likely NOT an issue with Hitfilm.  I've got a support ticket in with Red Giant, but being the long weekend, I'm likely not going to get a response until early next week.  So, I thought I'd get a few ideas in the meantime in the chance that someone else has had the same problem.

I've made sure that Hitfilm is closed (even went as far to check that there were no Hitfilm processes in the Task Manager), I've tried reinstalling Hitfilm and Red Giant Link and no luck.  I came accross a forum post suggesting that installing the Universe plugins while Hitfilm is NOT activated may work...but no such luck for me.  I'm a bit stumped at the moment so if anyone has more ideas, I'm all for it. :)

This is on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Anniversary Update installed).  Hitfilm 4 Pro latest version and Red Giant Link 2.0.0 (latest version).

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,062 Enthusiast

I cannot say I have any ideas to really help you out but FWIW...

I have HFP4 and Universe 2.0.0 and the effects show up and seem to work fine. I am on Windows 10. My GPU is Nvidia. So it seems to not be a 100% systemic issue.

I did not do a 2.0 install from scratch. My Universe was 1.6 previous and got the 2.0 upgrade when that came out. In fact Red Giant and HF were installed before a Windows 7 => 10 update was performed.

One thing you might check is the OFX install folder to see if the Red Giant plug-ins are there. If you keep digging down into each filter folder you should find the .ofx OpenFX plug-in file for that filter.

• francisw19

Yep, it looks like everything is there in the OFX folder.  Thanks for the reply though, much appreciated. :)

• francisw19
    edited September 2016

Fixed!

OK, so for anyone that may run into this issue....just on a hunch and no particular reason, I moved the Universe Plugins from the original folder they were installed to, to the same folder as the Boris plugin that ships with Hitfilm - that is, the plugins are now in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins (pretty much the same place, just no "Red Giant Universe" folder any more.)

So with that it seems everything is working fine now. :)  I'll be sure to follow up with Red Giant and/or the Hitfilm team to see where the disconnect was.

• melibond
    melibond Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hi, i've tried your method and the Universe plugin effects are still not showing up in Premiere Pro or After Effects

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,062 Enthusiast

@melibond Premiere and After Effects do not use OpenFX plug-ins so the Common Files\OFX folder does not apply to them. They (Adobe) have their own proprietary format which is installed differently.

• spard
    spard Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*

Hi please help, i've tried your method and the Universe plugin effects are still not showing up in Premiere Pro or After Effects but it's showing on Sony Vegas ....I have Ae 2019 ....I want to install red giant universe plugin .... please help...and give me solution ..... universe effects not appearing in effects & preset panel.... Please help :'(

• spard
    edited May 24
    There was something left in the last conversation......Red giant universe folder not showing in program files>Adobe>common>plug-in>7.0>mediacore\nAnd I tried to install universe 3.3.1 version... please help quickly 🙏
  • spard
    edited May 24
    I am not a bot dude...plzzz believe yaar
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,571 Ambassador

@spard

1. This is a five year old thread.
    2. Your first comment discusses Premiere, Vegas and Ae. This is a Hitfilm forum. You're off topic.
    3. Your second and third comments read like JSON code (there was a virtual mod meeting this week where posts like yours were the main discussion point) - basically I'm 99% certain you're a bot.
    4. Therefore you need to prove you're not a bot before a mod just deletes your content and bans your account
  • spard
    @Triem23 lol ....i am not a bo and that's json code automatically come after commented
    please help quickly....i have lots off works for this....bro please give me solution sirrrrrr
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,571 Ambassador

@spard

First, thanks for confirming you're an actual user. 👍

I'm not a user of Red Giant Universe, so I'm not going to be of any help.

To clarify, if you're having issues with Red Giant Universe and Hitfilm, are you running Hitfilm Pro or Express. Third party plug-in support is a Pro-Only feature. Universe will not run in Hitfilm Express.

If you are running Hitfilm Pro and Universe isn't showing you might want to directly contact Support.

If you are having issues with Red Giant Universe in Premiere, Vegas or After Effects, this is a Hitfilm forum and the wrong place to ask. You'd want to ask for help in the forums for those programs.