The Great Gatsby - Breakdown

MichaelJames
MichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
The most visually stunning movie that you probably have not seen finally has a video showing off SOME of the work that went into this.  This is one of those rare movies that  you have to see in theaters in 3d.  My list of 3d must see in theaters films is very short and goes Avatar, Dredd 3d and The Great Gatsby.
https://vimeo.com/68451324 

Comments

• DasCalver
    DasCalver Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18 Just Starting Out
    This movie looks great! :D
  • Masqutti
    Masqutti Website User Posts: 340
    Whoa. They use bluescreen on 0:18, where the rider also has blueish shirt. Must've been a pain to key out!!! bushes and vegetation disables the ability to use greenscreen on that shot. I wonder why they chose that color for the shirt.
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Saw this video when it went up a month ago and it is indeed ridiculously impressive work. Though I can't help but feel that there's an awful lot of unnecessary work in there as well. It really is very indulgent - which I suppose suits the story!
    Masqutti - given the amount of foliage and grass in the shot, dealing with the guy's shirt would have been easier than dealing with everything else, if they'd used greenscreen.
    Some of the most impressive work is probably the car. It has full reflections and shadows of the surroundings, so they either mapped those onto the real car, or completely replaced the car with a CG version. Or a bit of both.
  • MichaelJames
    MichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    Im waiting for some of the colorists to post their work from that film.
  • luxgud
    luxgud Website User Posts: 128
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for posting this .... I hadn't seen it before.