Composite Shot Countdown Problem

nejxisnejxis Website User Posts: 4
edited August 2016 in Post-production techniques

hey all, I am relatively new to the hitfilm although i used to use adobe premiere pro and sony vegas couple years ago. I am currently in the process of creating youtube videos, mainly for gaming countdowns and gameplay and stuff like that.

I want to make the countdowns during the film itself rather than have an animation for them. so basically the end result would look like this, while adding some sliding and fading effects:

10 | GAME NAME

to do that I made a composite shot Text, a composite plane and another composite shot Text (one for the number , one for the vertical Line and one for the title of the game) (i need to keep them 3 composite shots due to the fact they the effects will be one after the other, creating a cool transition all together)

anyways, here is the problem : so ofcourse I want to create number 10,9,8,7 etc etc and to do that, firstly i tried to copy and paste the composite shot, but when i changed the number on the new copy, they both change, so i figured that is not the way to do it.

therefore i created a new text layer on the original composite shot, but the numbers came on top of each other in both copies.

i tried to use the 'parent' tool and made number 10 the parent, hoping that it would effect somehow but it didn't

for the composite plan i just copy and pasted it as it never changes

can any1 guide me please? thanks in advance

Comments

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,297 Ambassador

I think the easiest way to do this would be to create a different composite shot for each slide.  That is easily done by creating your #10 slide,composite shot, then simply duplicating it and renaming it #9. The in #9 you can change the number and the game name. The do the same for each of the other slides down to #1. After that, it is a simple matter of dropping each slide onto your timeline where they need to be. Take a look at this video that I made on lower thirds for sliding it in and out, placing it on the timeline, etc.

If you are going to do this a lot, then saving the slide composite as a template would be a good idea.  I hope this helps!

• nejxisnejxis Website User Posts: 4

yup it did help a lot mate ! cheers, exactly what i needed :D

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,297 Ambassador

Wonderful, and I'm glad I could help. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask on the forum. This is a great group of people who a always willing to help!