Export problems with Simple text on white background (SOLVED)

jamesh3jamesh3 Website User Posts: 7
edited August 2016 in HitFilm

Hello. I have HitFilm Express 4. I have created a text-only composite shot, about 3 min. in length. It is black text on a white background. Everything looks as it is supposed to on the preview and I have completed editing to my liking (adjusting the positioning and timing of each of the text elements (layers).

There is one video element that I have added in the timeline in Edit view. It is a 5 second piece of video footage. So that is all to the project- 3 minutes of text (black o  a white background), with a 5-second piece of footage inserted near the end. In Edit view, I inserted the composite shot and have my video clip where I want it. Again, everything looks right in preview. I have tried in vain to export this (H264) as an MP4 about 10 times, and never has the composite shot element shown up in the final export. It is just a black screen, then my video clip comes up for 5 seconds.

I have tried moving the tracks around, re-compositing the composite stuff, exporting the composite only, deleting the attached default audio track (though there is no audio anyway), leaving the audio track there, and probably 3 or 4 other random adjustments. Nothing has given me an export of what I see in preview.

Any recommendations would be helpful. The rendering process takes about 10 minutes each time, timeline is "export" and export area is "content area." 

Intel Celeron CPU N2815

1.86GHZ/1.86 GHz

2 Gig RAM

64 bit OS, Windows 8

THANKS!

James H

Comments

• jamesh3jamesh3 Website User Posts: 7

Sorry-  That's HitFilm 3 Express!

James H

Also, yes, I have changed the background in Edit view to white as well.

JH

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador

Well, unfortunately your machine is well under minimum specs for Hitfilm. This is going to result in unpredictable behavior, and, more unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do other than try again on a machine meeting minimum specs. 

Your CPU, GPU and RAM are all under minimum requirements as shown here:

Minimum system requirements

• Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite or OS X 10.11 El Capitan
    • 64-bit operating system
    • 1 GB free hard disk space for installation
    • Internet connection required for online activation and web services
    • Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Intel Xeon (Nehalem) processor or AMD equivalent
    • 4GB RAM
    • OpenGL 2.0 capable hardware with at least 512 MB video memory (NVIDIA GeForce 9 series, Radeon HD 5000 series, Intel HD 4000)

I see. Well, thank you for the confirmation--I had been doing other small projects with the software since installing earlier this year, so I had incorrectly assumed things were OK.

Will try to re-install when I get a stronger PC.  Thanks again.

James

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,926 Enthusiast

As far as I'm concerned HitFilm should tell you if you're below min. requirements. Could be wrong though.

• brianomdbrianomd Website User Posts: 1
    edited September 2016

Well, the reason my screen rendered black was because within the composite shots I did not have a white background underneath the black text. On the timeline it shows fine because the background of the viewer is white but when rendering text the viewer background is ignored and just renders what is within the composite shot.

This discussion has been closed.